Global Director Community Health Systems Strengthening
The Director Community Health System Strengthening leads the strategic planning, learning, and designing of approaches, methodologies, and tools for community health systems strengthening to ensure LG support makes community health systems more efficient, sustainable, and resilient. The role also works to diffuse those lessons via partnerships and advocacy for community health systems in collaboration with peer organizations.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop/ refine the overarching strategy for community health systems strengthening partnerships programs (named partnerships below) including frameworks, systems, processes, and best practice tools to ensure a standardized coherent approach.
- Lead the design of high-impact, evidence-based, and context-responsive partnerships programs focusing on the institutionalization of community health best practice pillars including digitalization, data-driven supportive supervision, effective remuneration, strong supply chain, and training among others. Develop clear KPIs to measure success.
- Coordinate work across core countries and new countries to support all delivery teams in designing, delivering, monitoring, and evaluating the high-impact indirect approaches and programs.
- Build/strengthen coalitions with other community health and health systems strengthening organizations/individuals, relevant funders, etc. to diffuse lessons learned and generate greater adoptions of best practices strengthening the community health system.
- Contribute to advocacy efforts and the development of proposals, related to the Helping Others programs.
- Partner with core countries and new countries leads to ensure partnerships’ programs deliver against set KPIs, as per negotiated co-financing arrangements, roadmaps and timelines
- Advice on partnerships course correction if not working.
- Based on learnings from both partnerships and direct operations, adapt approaches and ensure best practices are institutionalized across partnerships.
- Build and strengthen the capacity of teams delivering the partnerships to ensure a standardized, coherent approach to delivering through others.
Documentation and advocacy
- Develop standard approaches and ways of working, evaluate them, and institutionalize them to maximize the impact of partnership programs.
- Ensure learnings from partnerships are well documented, collated, and published to influence quality implementation internally and influence policy and practice externally.
- Develop strategies to share those internally and externally to shape re-design and/or policy and/or community of practice.
- Write and publish blogs, reports, and articles on Living Goods partnerships programs and outcomes to influence policy and practice internally and externally.
- Lead global CHSS technical team and consultants to maximize support to all countries.
Skills And Competencies
- Solid experience and understanding of health systems strengthening.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop individual and institutional capacity.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Engagement with various African Governments.
- Management of skilled technical teams.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Influencing skills.
- Policy writing.
- Master’s degree with at least 13 years relevant work experience with at least 5 years Leadership/Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health; Health Systems Strengthening; Health Leadership and Management; Public
- Policy and Administration; Global Health or related field.
- Professional qualifications in coaching and adult learning are an added advantage.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Living Goods
At Living Goods we empower people to improve the health of their families, friends and communities. Living Goods supports networks of 'Avon-like’ health entrepreneurs who go door to door to teach families how to improve their health and wealth and sell life-changing products such as simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, safe delivery kits, fortified foods, clean cook stoves, water filters, and solar lights. By combining the best practices from business and public health, we are dramatically lowering child mortality AND creating livelihoods for thousands of enterprising women. Living Goods supports a network of over 2,000 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights. As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.