Regional Budgeting & Reporting Accountant
The role is responsible for financial reporting, forecasting & budgeting for the assigned entities in the region. The position will perform financial analysis to support Senior Management with resource allocations, quality budget briefing material, budget and expenditure monitoring, processing and validations.
- Degree in Commerce, Finance and Accounting
- CPA qualification
- Master’s degree advantageous
- At Least 4 years’ experience in a similar role within the Telecoms industry
- BudgetingPreparing and processing forecast and budget models/templates for the EA OPCOs
- Review budgeted KPI’s to ensure correct KPI’s factored in
- Variance analysis and reporting
- Ensure compliance with current budget and spending policies, and propose improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning
- Financial ReportingReview flash reports. Reconcile and assure approval of Inter-Company transactions
- Review monthly, quarterly and yearly Financial Packs (from Hyperion) by set timelines
- Prepare management reports and review commentaries from OPCO FMs and submit to Group Finance within the set deadlines
- Consolidate the E.A accounts in HFM and ensure consolidation journals are passed, and validations cleared
- Review and update the E.A Statutory Reports
- Lead the production of financial analyses and presentations for E.A OPCOs throughout the year
- Work with the Finance team to streamline internal financial reports and reporting processes to deliver more efficient, more effective, and more useful reports and analysis
- Preparing, collecting, reviewing, and sharing VSAT management reports, global revenue and capex reports and statutory reports
- Lead and organize internal reviews
- External and Internal AuditExamine financial statements to ensure they are accurate and comply with group policies and international reporting standards (IFRS)
- Collect information from relevant departments in East Africa Entities and prepare management accounts for group year-end requirements, draft audit financials
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers. Preparing draft audit reports
- Examine the quality and accuracy of information
- Identification and management of risk, providing reasoned recommendations and innovative solutions to highly complex and sensitive financial issues
- Balance Sheet Management and ReviewAnalysing and supporting Senior Management and departmental heads with in-depth analysis
- Management of Cost DriversTrack and assist in the development of cost drivers, conduct variance analysis
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Liquid Telecom
Liquid Telecom is a leading communications solutions provider across 13 countries primarily in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa that serves mobile operators, carriers, enterprise, media and content companies and retail customers with high-speed, reliable connectivity, hosting and co-location and digital services.
It has built Africa’s largest independent fibre network, spanning over 70,000km, and operates state-of-the-art data centres in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Nairobi, with a combined potential 19,000 square metres of rack space and 78MW of power. This is in addition to offering leading cloud-based services, such as Microsoft Office365 and Microsoft Azure, across our fibre footprint.
Through this combined offering, Liquid Telecom is enhancing customers experience on their digital journey.