Head of Group Procurement – Passive Products
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- Support the Group Chief Procurement Officer in leading the transformation of the strategic procurement and category management function to effectively leverage Group synergies for both operational and capital works spend particularly in the Passive Optical Network (PON).
- Lead, build and strengthen the Group’s capabilities towards integrated, effective and systematic strategic sourcing, procurement, and contract lifecycle management, to achieve overall value chain excellence and cost savings particularly in the PON domain.
- Lead, mentor and appraise the Procurement Heads in all OpCos related to his/her designated geographical region.
- Contributes towards the overall achievement of group savings and ensures subordinate team(s), if any, and OpCo
- Procurement teams adopt the group negotiated deals/agreements, particularly those related to the PON
- Owns and champions Procurement initiated savings initiatives for PON categories, not Business led by Demand
- Co-owns and co-champions Procurement and SC strategic efficiency improvement initiatives through influencing the effectiveness of demand forecasting and the reduction of warehouse inventories and procurement cycle times across all OpCos
- Supports the development of, and is responsible for implementing strategic business integration via Group
- Category Management Strategy for PON Products procurement
- Ensures that Group level SRM and formalised Group level meetings with Cat A Suppliers as per the Group
- Category Strategy, are carried out for all PON products
- Adheres to the agreed structure of management with all Group and non-Group led Contracted suppliers especially the strategic and high spend ones for PON products
- Ensures teams across Group conform to Maverick Spend reduction and is within the reasonable limits in every OpCo for all PON categories
- Ensures that teams across Group conform to LT Group payment terms
- Champions all Group level Procurement Audit Reviews and external audit reviews (ISO etc) for PON product categories across the OpCos and monitors and ensures all management actions are actioned and closed
- Chairs all OpCo Procurement Committees within the geographical region and takes spend decisions as per relevant DOA limits or delegated authority
- Oversee and ensure the delivery of all Procurement OKRs for all OpCos under regional responsibility
- Ensures teams across Group OpCos conduct and report on PON Products Procurement NPS
- Monitors, tracks and reports on overall Group OpCos teams’ TAT is within required thresholds – PR-PO, RFQs and RFPs for all PON products
- Conducts complex Group level RFQs and RFPs for his/her centrally-led PON categories and ensures these are within required TAT threshold
- Monitors tracks and reports monthly on overall Group level and Group OpCo teams’ Contract TAT for all categories
- Ensures POs released across Group OpCos are within Group Contract Spend. Drives the reduction of Supplier Tail Rationalisation for PON categories
- Responsible for, and ensures Group OpCos release All Purchase Orders and Contract agreements
- Ensures instatement of Ethical Supplier Controls for all LT Group PON category procurement
- Ensures compliance across the Group to Sustainable Green Procurement for PON categories
- Achieve Preferential score relating to codes of Good Practise linked to the ICT Charter
- Review, update and maintain the Group Procurement Active Products unit structure in line with the Human Resources Policy
- Ensure all key (SMART) objectives for the financial year are set and agreed with the team
- Develop succession plans to identify Top talent for promotional opportunities and future roles in the business
Undertake staff and internal stakeholder surveys
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management/Finance/Accounting/Engineering
- CIPS accreditation or equivalent Procurement & SCM recognized qualification
- MBA or alternatively considerable executive level management experience in P&SCM
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, procurement & contracts at a supervisory level and within the Telecommunications / ICT industry
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Expert understanding of total cost of ownership costing models within categories and how to positively influence a corporation’s bottom line through effective P&SC strategies
- Intricate understanding of category spend data implications and the cost drivers
- Influence medium to high level negotiations and long-term partnerships with major international suppliers to ensure sustainable savings are achieved
- Expert familiarity with strategic sourcing techniques and levers and vendor management best practice and the relevant best-in-class enterprise software (e-procurement tools, SAP, Oracle)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Liquid Telecom Kenya
Liquid Telecom is a leading communications solutions provider across 13 countries primarily in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa that serves mobile operators, carriers, enterprise, media and content companies and retail customers with high-speed, reliable connectivity, hosting and co-location and digital services.
It has built Africa’s largest independent fibre network, spanning over 70,000km, and operates state-of-the-art data centres in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Nairobi, with a combined potential 19,000 square metres of rack space and 78MW of power. This is in addition to offering leading cloud-based services, such as Microsoft Office365 and Microsoft Azure, across our fibre footprint.
Through this combined offering, Liquid Telecom is enhancing customers experience on their digital journey.