Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization.
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Key responsibilities will include:
- Confirming and updating all payments received that relates to loan repayments, Investors contributions and Clients Top Up contributions.
- Posting of payments to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Responding to any queries regarding loan repayments, Top Ups, or Clients’ contributions.
- Confirming loans details on the loan payment vouchers against entries in the loan management system.
- Preparing daily disbursements and collections reports. Collections reports include Partial Receipts, Drop Offs, Nil (Zero) receipted accounts, and Full Settlements.
- Filling and retrieval of all payment vouchers relating to loans and expenses.
- Weekly reconciliation of Petty cash transactions and posting entries in the accounting system.
- Fully support the senior Accountant during the reporting and consolidation process.
- Aid in ensuring reliability and integrity of the accounting system reporting.
- Analysis of actual vs budgeted figures and query variances.
- Working closely with auditors and ensuring this is done on a timely basis.
- Documenting procedures and maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Ad-hoc tasks required by the finance team (e.g. tax preparation).
Qualifications and skills, we are looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Proficiency in SAGE accounting software
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices esp. IFRS/IAS and Kenyan GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant accounting software
- Bachelor’s Degrees in the following subjects- Accounting or Finance
- Qualifications (e.g. CPA, ACCA or CIMA) is required.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
NB: Indicate the role and town of interest, in the emails subject.
About Lipa Later Ltd
Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services to consumers with repayments made in affordable monthly instalments. It is the leading third party instalment plan for retailers in East Africa currently operating in Kenya and Rwanda. Our product offering allows for both online and offline integration with retailers and both online and offline sales platforms for consumers.