Office of Registrar (Administration and Human Capital)
Ref. No. LU/AD/1/7/21
The appointment is on a three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Academic / Professional Requirements
- Have Master’s degree in Human Resource
- Have Bachelor’s degree from recognized institution
- Have membership to a relevant Professional Body
Be computer literacy
- Have exemplary work performance in Human Resources and administration in a public institution preferably in a University set up.
- Candidate must have at least 9 years’ cumulative experience in Human Resource Management and Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In-charge of a section
- Deal with Human Resource matters in the University
- Supervise data processing for administrative planning
- Supervise staff in their section
- Supervise administrative information processing and dissemination.
- Supervise administrative communication with staff/students
- Supervise administrative records management
- Supervise general office services
- Ensure implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Taking minutes in departmental meetings and ensure timely implementation of decisions.
- Ensure proper maintenance of records.
- Any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package as below;
Salary Scale: Kshs.108,714 – Kshs.155,461 per month
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following.
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Tax compliance certificate from KRA
Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
Clearance certificate from CRB
Self-declaration clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization.
Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
So as to reach him not later than Monday 26th July, 2021
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent
Laikipia University is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons living with disabilities and those from minority group are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Laikipia University is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certified
About Laikipia University
The University has a unique history that has evolved through different educational phases. It was started in April 1929 by a British Colonial farmer cum educationist by the name William Thomas Alfred Levet. The Institution was by then a whites’ only primary school with a large farm, which was sold to Guy Bullen in February 1959. Mr. Bullen sold it to Ministry of Agriculture in 1965. Between 1965 and 1970, the Institution served as a Large-scale Farmers training (LSFTC) college. Vision A University for valued transformation of society Mission To serve the students and society through research, education, scholarship, training, outreach and consultancy Core Values Quality Integrity Respect