Senior Manager – Actuarial Services
We are looking for a Manager or a Senior manager to support in the delivery of engagements, business development and leading the actuarial team.
- Managing engagements to consistently achieve set revenue and profit objectives
- Providing technical knowledge, direction and training to the engagement team to produce quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Developing plans and portfolios in diverse financial sectors
- Develop and maintain relationships with decision makers at key clients while impacting on revenue or client relationship through innovation.
- Providing technical guidance and advisory on actuarial assignments
- Develop and analyse projection models
- Evaluating and advising on financial risks within an engagement
- Supporting Clients with IFRS 17 GAP / Impact assessments and implementations
- Providing advisory services to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
- Advising companies on their capital models and capital planning
- Provision of actuarial expertise to support the Audit function within the firm
- Leading in business development initiatives that would drive revenue realization.
Qualifications and experience
- An Actuarial science degree will be an added advantage.
- A degree in a Business-related field / mathematics with or undertaking a recognised certification in Actuarial studies.
- At least 7- 10 years working experience in an actuarial function or consultancy.
- Possession or demonstration of undertaking Actuarial qualification certifications.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to work on big data
- Extensive knowledge in financial forecasting and statistical Modelling
- Ability to work in a team sharing knowledge and providing guidance and technical advice
- Knowledge of East Africa regulatory regime for insurers.
- Knowledge of reporting methodologies, e.g. IFRS.
- A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
- Experience in business development in the insurance and financial services sectors
- Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably:
Modelling (e.g. Prophet, Axis, Igloo, Re Metrica );
Programming (e.g. VBA, .NET, R, Python);
Exciting unparalleled exposure to advisory skills, competencies and tools;
Continuous learning and development;
Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams; and Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV on or before 14 March 2021 giving details of your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org strictly quote ‘Senior Manager – Actuarial Services’
*Please note, that due to the volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job
KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Seated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, KPMG employs 174,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.