Regional Research and Relationship Managers
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldData Science / Research
The Evidence Fund, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCDO)
KPMG East Africa is seeking experienced research professionals to lead an impending global evidence programme that will be funded by FCDO. The Evidence Fund, will support a broad spectrum of evidence needs to generate operationally relevant research, analysis, evaluation and syntheses to inform policy and programming decisions and will be implemented across Africa, Asia and Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
Overview of the Evidence Fund
The Evidence Fund will bring together several programmes previously delivered across FCDO’s Research and Evidence Division (RED) into a single coordinated research and evidence platform that will support urgent, mid- and longer-term knowledge generation, synthesis, translation and engagement.
The Evidence Fund will serve FCDO’s Research and Evidence Division which supports FCDO country offices, FCDO policy advisers and external agencies to make the best use of available evidence and generate new knowledge. The direct recipients of these services will be three FDCO Regional Research Hubs (for East Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East and North Africa), and the FCDO Evaluation Unit.
- The Regional Research and Relationship Managers will be responsible for working closely with FCDO to develop calls for research proposals based on FCDO’s research and evidence needs in the regions.
- They will manage the Research Provider Pool comprising of local, regional and international research organisations in the respective regions.
- They will also oversee, manage and quality assure the research process and provide support and capacity building to local researchers.
- He/she will be expected to have extensive networks with research organisations in the respective region.
- The Regional Research and Relationship Managers will be supported by finance and contract managers to administer the day- to- day management of research projects/contracts.
- They will perform the monthly monitoring of progress against the key performance indicators and programme milestones and advise the Team Leader on progress and delays in progress.
- They will be the main point of contact for information requests from research organisations and other interested stakeholders.
- These positions will take direction from the Director of Operations and Research and will fully support activities for the implementation of the programme in the respective regions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Due to the short timeline for this opportunity, we ask you to send your CVs in by 15 January 2021 Please indicate the region (Africa, Asia or MENA) you are applying for in the subject of the email and in the cover letter.
*Please note that at this stage the scope of work is indicative and may be subject to change once theInvitation to Tender (ITT) for the programme is released and as the opportunity develops. Appointing asuccessful candidate will be contingent on the outcome of the bid*
KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Seated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, KPMG employs 174,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.