Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
A reputable financial institution within the region, is looking for a forwardthinking and experienced individual to fill the role of Director, Finance.The ideal candidate will be an experienced finance professional with extensiveunderstanding of and exposure to leading practice (technology and data enabled)financial management within the financial services sector
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role holder will be responsible for providingdirection in financial resource planning, monitoring, and management and reporting,including development of policies, systems, processes that would safeguard the financialresources and lead to attainment of set goals and objectives for the institution.
The role holder will be a member of the senior leadership team and will be responsiblefor developing and overseeing the implementation of leading practice strategies, policies,and initiatives within assigned portfolio to ensure the provision of excellent services tothe organisation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting or any other relevant discipline from areputable institution.
- A Master’s in business administration in finance/strategy or any other relevant areafrom a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Full membership with relevant local, regional or global professional bodies is amandatory requirement.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience in financial management in a demanding financial andaccounting reporting environment preferably financial services sector.
- At least five years in career history must be in a similar role in terms of scale andcomplexity.
- Demonstrable/ working knowledge of an accounting system and Enterprise ResourcePlanning (ERP) including use of business intelligence concepts and tools.
- Strategy formulation, budgeting, processes development, ensuring the organisation’sfinancial systems are robust, linked to overall organisation vision and ensuringcompliance with KRA and service charters
- Overseeing the preparation and publishing of the organisation’s annual financialstatements and reporting; implementing agreed audit recommendation and boardpresentation.
- Managing the organisation’s policies regarding capital requirements/expenditure,acquisition and disposals; ensuring timely updates; payment and payroll approvals;overseeing maintenance of finance IT systems.
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends in financial accounting and sharing learning withthe finance team; mentoring, coaching and training
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If your experience matches this exciting opportunity, please submit your application t, before 21 October 2020. Only applications submitted through the email address stated in the advert will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About KPMG East Africa
KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Seated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, KPMG employs 174,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.