KONE is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Logistics Coordinator to be based in Nairobi, South Africa. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for ensuring on-time and cost-efficient availability of the material and installation tools. S/he is in charge of coordinating the daily activity of local logistics providers.
What will you do?
- Plan and organize transport of material from overseas and local suppliers to warehouses
- Handle the customs/broker related information management
- Process necessary shipping documents and/or shipment related documents required by local authorities
- Plan and order delivery of materials from local warehouse to site
- Coordinate logistics execution with locally outsourced logistics provider if applicable
- Manage the consolidation of local materials for site delivery
- Order transportation or additional services from logistics providers as requested
- Review invoices/PO differences and clarify these and manage the correct posting of logistics cost to cost categories and projects
- Coordinate tools management and control and track the collection from the stores
Are you the one?
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or higher
- 3 -5 years of experience in logistics focusing on local and international supply line
- Strong understanding of shipping and related documentation process
- SAP knowledge is preferable
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Organized with excellent communication and follow up skills
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete an automated video interview. Please check your e-mail regularly to be able to submit within the assigned time frame.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About KONE Corporation
We are one of the global leaders in the lift and escalator industry. Founded in 1910, we have been committed to understanding the needs of our customers for over a century. We provide innovative and eco-efficient solutions for lifts, escalators and automatic building doors. Our objective is to offer the best People FlowÂ® experience by developing and delivering solutions that enable people to move smoothly, safely, comfortably and without waiting in buildings in an increasingly urbanising environment.