Field Operations Coordinator
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
About The Team
Field Operations is at the center of operations at Komaza. In order to plant tree farms with thousands of new farmers every year, we rely on the Field Extension Network team to work closely with the farmer communities in Kilifi, Kwale and Nyandarua. Our decisions are driven by data and technology in planning and executing our day-to-day work life. Field Operations is responsible for the planning, coordinating and timely implementation of our innovative micro-forestry model to create income for our farmers by growing trees more cost-efficiently. We enroll farmers; support them through land preparation; distribute inputs and seedlings; plant trees; ensure post-planting care and long-term maintenance.
About The Role
Our Kilifi office has an opening for a Field Operations Coordinator whose role will be to organize and oversee activities to successfully deliver the core purpose of Field Operations through the field teams in Kilifi. We’re looking for a people and program manager who can work with various systems and field technologies to support execution of Field Operations projects. The role is both office and field based – you will travel to the field regularly to build and nurture the relationship with the field teams, and support in execution of the day to day activities. You’ll work intently to promote the field teams performance through actionable plans, timely feedback and collaborative efforts in operations.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate and manage the field teams for successful execution of every phase of field operations e.g. running weekly meetings, one on one sessions and town halls with the field teams.
- Conduct regular field visits to research and identify operational solutions to improving field teams productivity and reviewing the implemented plans.
- Conduct regular “problem and solution sessions” to address the field challenges and promote accountability amongst the teams to maintain service delivery through the outcomes set.
- Train and upskill your field teams to develop their skills, knowledge and intuition to succeed in their roles and foster professional development.
- Foster a positive, motivated team culture, supporting key field operation drives and ensure they align with the Komaza values.
- Oversee and ensure data integrity in collection, validation, quality control, analysis and compilation of reports for the Kilifi region.
- Collaborate with the design team through offering specific actionable feedback to assist in creating content materials for the field teams.
- Maintain and nurture the local administration and community leaders and groups through positive relationships to ensure mutual responsibility in community engagements
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of work experience in managing field teams (remote or office based)
- Experience with working with field technologies e.g. SurveyCTO or ODK
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly scaling operations
- Proficiency in Google Suite or Microsoft Suite
- Ability to ride a motorbike will be an added advantage
- Good organisational, critical thinking, and communications skills
- Driven or interested in working and engaging with rural communities
- A collaborative problem solver who seeks the opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems
- Self-directed and intellectually curious; you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Great vision without great people is irrelevant, Jim Collins wisely stated. If you share Komaza’s vision and want to help make it a reality, apply today! You’ll get a chance to work at our headquarters in Kilifi, Kenya. We offer a competitive remuneration package and an opportunity to further your career.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Komaza works to unlock the potential of small-scale farmers to solve Africa's wood supply crisis. Collectively, small farmers possess limitless land and labor resources to plant billions of trees. Komaza provides farmers with support across the forestry value chain, from seedlings to sawmills. With a dramatically lower-cost and more-scalable forestry model, our vision is to become Africa’s largest forestry company, growing an environmentally-sustainable wood supply and generating truly life-changing income for millions of farmers.