Area Sales Manager (Re-Advertised)
Reporting to the National Sales Manager the role holder will be responsible for effective management of trade partners and sales representatives to ensure sales targets for the assigned area are achieved, managing marketing and trade activities within the area effectively and efficiently and resolving all customer queries and complaints.
Industries Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector)
- Area 1: Trade development
Ensure the assigned area achieves given sales targets (Volume and Value) through hands on management of given accounts/ area in line with the sales and distribution plans.
- Ensure call compliance, strike rate targets and outlet expansion is exceeded in the given area as per SFA targets
- Ensure adequate product listings and product visibility in outlets and monitoring brand trade performance through client call cycle schedules
- Oversee the execution of the merchandising and promotional activities as per approved plans in their assigned area.
- Create value adding marketing/ business relationships, within the area clients by resolving customer concerns and feedback.
- Collect information on market intelligence, analyze market competition within the area and prepare reports on market trends, competitor to support decision-making.
Area 2: Team management
- Supervise, motivate and develop the area sales representatives assigned in their areas to ensure maximum returns for the business.
- Regularly oversee the Area Sales Representative visits to outlets to ensure that the 4A`s (Availability, Accessibility,
- Affordability and Activation) are being applied and address any skills gaps.
Area 3: Distributor Management
- Work in collaboration with the distributors and the Area Sales Representatives to ensure stockiest and retail outlets in assigned area are fully serviced as per agreed SLA`s.
- Area 4: Budget Management
- Assist any KWAL regional budgeting activity assigned and drawing up of budgets for market activity recommendation.
- Bachelor degree in a business related field.
- A Master’s Degree a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years in sales and distribution within the FMCG Industry.
- Working knowledge in the respective area will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a clean and valid driving license.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Kenya Wine Agencies Ltd
Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) is the leading manufacturer and distributor of wines and spirits in Kenya , Eastern and Central Africa region.
Since 1969, when KWAL was incorporated with the objective of providing an avenue for importation and distribution of wines and spirits and enable indigenous Kenyans to participate significantly in this sector; we have delighted consumers across Eastern Africa with award winning and quality beverages.
As a beverage company dealing with both alcoholic drinks – wines and spirits – and non-alcoholic ones including grape juice and syrup, KWAL’s business includes manufacture, import, distribution, sale and export of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. We are continuously committed to quality in all aspects of our business.
Wine, is a flagship product of KWAL and has predominantly been enjoyed by our esteemed clientele, who cherish rewarding themselves and savour the good things in life. This is the delight, value and quality that KWAL brings to its valued clientele and stakeholders.