Manager – Independent Review of Objections
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience 5 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division
Section: Independent Review of Objections
Purpose of the job
Developing strategies for Independent Review of Objections, coordination of administration and operations of the unit, identify changes for budget review, review of objections, review of the performance of the staff in the unit, and Providing support to the Alternative Dispute Resolution process.
Tasks and outputs:
- Preparation of the units’ work plan and budgets.
- Review of objection applications and offering technical guidance on matters under dispute.
- Offer support to litigation on objections that escalate to appeal.
- Coordinate and manage staff in the section/unit and monitor their performance.
- Devising strategies for stakeholder engagements.
- Review of policies and law and making recommendation for amendments/ improvements.
- Preparing strategic and operational reports for the unit/section.
- Coordination with key stakeholders on matters relating to objections.
- Supporting the Alternative Dispute Resolution function to ensure faster resolution of disputes.
- Monitoring the general performance of the unit/section.
- Oversee the general administration and monitoring compliance of the unit.
- Any other duty as allocated by the Chief Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and exposure to all taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Management courses.
- A Masters Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management, resolution and negotiations.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
Minimum year of experience
- 5 years’ experience in tax and or customs administration, 2 of which should be in an entry level management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Computer literate.
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 30th September 2020.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.