Deputy Commissioner – Legal Services (Re-advertisement)
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 10 years
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Purpose of the job:
Oversees the functions and operations of the Legal Services Division, and provision of all legal advice on matters affecting the Authority.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Lead pre-litigation processes between KRA and other parties and guide the preparation of Memoranda of
- Understanding, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Interpret relevant legislation and advise Management and relevant Departments on changes in Law.
- Make legislative proposals on amendments of fiscal laws.
- Monitor post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue Departments.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Postgraduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years post admission experience in commercial law and litigation practice
- At least five (5) of which should be in a senior management position in a comparable organization.
- In addition, the candidate should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job