Assistant Manager – Independent Review of Objections
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience 4 years
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division
Section: Independent Review of Objections
Purpose of the job
Providing leadership and guidance to the Supervisors in the team in the Independent Review of Objections, carrying out research and offering technical support in the review of objections, managing performance in the team and active participation in the dispute resolution process.
Tasks and outputs:
- Preparation of the Team’ work plan and budgets.
- Offering technical guidance on matters under dispute.
- Coordinate and manage staff in the team and monitor their performance.
- Engaging stakeholders during dispute resolution.
- Review of policies and law and making recommendations for amendments/ improvements.
- Supporting the Alternative Dispute Resolution function to ensure faster resolution of disputes.
- Oversee the general administration and monitoring compliance of the Team.
- Preparation of team reports and any ad hoc reports at the request of the manager
- Any other duty as allocated by the Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and exposure to all taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management and resolution.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
- A Masters Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
- 4 years’ experience in tax and or customs administration and 1 year at Supervisory Level in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Computer literate.
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 30th September 2020.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.