Project Officer – Health (Isiolo)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProject Management
Responsible to the County Coordinator for providing operational support and leadership in the day-to-day implementation of a public health project to improve health indicators in Isiolo County for 6 months (5th October 2020 to 31st March 2021).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely implementation of the day to day activities of the project as per the project log frame, ghant chart and budget.
- Provide mentoring and coaching including on-job learning to KRCS volunteers to ensure coherent and coordinated quality implementation.
- Work in close consultation with the County Coordinator, Regional Program teams including MEAL and the HQ program manager as necessary.
- Ensure project risk matrix analysis is observed through the project implementation
- Carry out beneficiary targeting, mobilization, and registration in line with community based targeting approaches and register beneficiaries using KRCS approved data collection platforms like RedRose platform.
- Carry out required verification and validation of cash transfer beneficiaries
- Follow up on the project progress, document and share timely periodic project progress reports.
- Conduct field monitoring of project activities as well as support evaluation activities.
- Implement community engagement initiatives including timely response to complaints and feedback to ensure active participation of the local communities.
- Contribute to development of case studies, best practices for learning and sharing of key findings and recommendations within the Movement as well as with external stakeholders.
- Ensure smooth coordination of KRCS activities with relevant Government Ministries (MOH)/Authorities including local leaders and communities as well as other NGOs.
- Participate in regular and periodic project meetings.
- Higher diploma in relevant areas such as Public Health/Community Health/Development studies or related
- disciplines. University degree is an added advantage.
- Certificate in RCRC movement training in cash and voucher assistance/CTP is added advantage.
- A good understanding of community work and development programming and effective project management.
- Good understanding of MNCH services and Kenya MoH immunization schedule
- Significant understanding of operational realities of cash transfer programming.
- A good understanding of the County Government structures and County Health Strategy.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft applications especially word, excel and power point.
- A good understanding of the local area, culture and language in Isiolo County
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Kenya Red Cross Society
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.