The role is responsible for providing effective financial and administrative support services including, processing and ensuring payments are made in a timely and appropriate manner within established time limits, ensuring easy retrieval of accounting documents as well as timely reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely capturing income and expenditure in Navision
- Management of payable Accounts-booking and processing all invoices.
- Support in preparation of debtors and creditors reconciliation statements on monthly basis
- Monitor bank accounts to ensure availability of funds when needed
- Support in preparing monthly, quarterly reports for management
- Prepare payments vouchers and ensuring they are well supported with appropriate documents
- Facilitate imprest to staff attending various missions
- Help oversee and manage individual student accounts
- Review and adhere to departments budgets
- To provide support in preparing the financial reports in the accounting and finance system as per the instructions received from the manager.
- Process staff expense claims
- Provide additional support as requested to the finance manager
- Preparing the bank reconciliations by ensuring all receipts and payments are captured in the system.
- Debt collection – Timely follow up with the clients to ensure the funds are received within the credit period.
- Timely preparation of invoices
- Providing support in preparation of reports
- Ensure proper filing, maintenance, storage, retrieval of files and documents in order to ensure that they are accessible and secure
- Coordinate the preparation of progress reports and forward them to Finance Officer
- Assist in assembling support documents and payments for goods and services
- Provide all administrative support to the finance function
- Assemble materials for audit and also assist both internal and external auditors
- CPA section 4 or equivalent qualifications.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in accounting of financial resources including
- Knowledge of the ERP systems (Navision knowledge added advantage)
- Advanced computer analytic skills.
- Effective communication skills ability to present ideas clearly, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate computerized accounting systems
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintains high level of confidentiality, remain open to new ideas and experiment with improved systems and proven methods
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Kenya Red Cross Society
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.