Assistant Manager, Human Resource and Administration
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
Department: Human Resource & Administration
Directorate: Corporate Services
KDIC Grade: KDIC 5
You will supervise the implementation of policies, strategies, procedures and programs in the provision of effective and efficient Human Resource and Administration services at the Corporation.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of approved individual and group staff training, workshops and activities as per the training plans;
- Supervise the general office administration including allocation and maintenance of office space, assets, office equipment and maintaining service contracts;
- Supervise the evaluation and effectiveness of training and other staff development programs through the collating and development of training reports and data;
- Facilitate recruitment process by supervising the longlisting, shortlisting, reference checking of candidates and drafting of offer letters;
- Supervise the effective and efficient provision of outsourced services such as Catering and Cleaning services;
- Oversee the timely processing of the Payroll including preparation and maintenance of the payroll data and preparation of monthly contribution schedules for timely remittance of statutory and other third-party deductions;
- Supervise the update and safe custody of employment contracts, personnel files and other employee records, information and the timely and accurate maintenance and updating of Staff Establishment Database;
- Ensure effective and efficient records and mail services at the Go Down, Central registry including the receipt, distribution, dispatch of mails and files;
- Supervise the administration of staff leave and ensure timely processing of leave applications and up to date leave records;
- Oversee compliance with statutory obligations in the work environment and supervise the provision of staff welfare activities in the Corporation;
- Ensure timely resolution of employee grievances and complaints as per the Human Resource policies and procedures and other relevant guidelines;
- Supervise the update and implementation of the Human resources, management Information systems; and
- Preparing and updating of inventory register of office equipment, facilities and assets.
- Collecting, consolidating and updating of payroll data and processing payroll;
- Collecting and consolidating staff training needs and training requests;
- Implementing training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job Competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high-quality services;
- Providing input in the development and interpretation of HR strategies, policies and procedures;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual human resource reports;
- Providing administrative support to the recruitment process by participating in developing draft job descriptions and person specifications, checking applications forms and short-listing for jobs;
- Processing staff welfare and benefits requirements including medical cover, group life /accident cover, pension scheme and Staff Association Welfare;
- Updating and safe custody of employment contracts, personnel files and other employee records and information. Opening, Closing and Archiving HR personal files;
- Implementing appropriate action against incidents of violations occurring against organizational policy and regulations;
- Procuring and renewing insurance policies for the Corporation’s assets – Motor vehicles, office equipment, Furniture & Fittings, Computers, and other assets;
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records on outsourced services, fleet management and asset maintenance;
- Implementing decisions on maintenance and allocation of office space, equipment and furniture and ensuring timely maintenance of Corporation’s assets and vehicles;
- Handling of employee disputes and taking appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations;
- Implementing the operating policies and procedures for Asset, fleet management, Security and General administration;
- Supervising staff in the human resource and administration function including performance management and skills development; and
- Facilitating the provision of efficient and effective transport services through timely approval of processed transport requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized institution would be an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications and Membership
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- IHRM membership.
At least six (6) years’ experience in Human Resource Management or administration function in a reputable organization.
- Computer skills
- People management skills
- Knowledge of labour laws
- Planning and organizing skills
- Coordination skills
- Counselling skills
- Report writing skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLYF OR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates, who MUST be Kenyan citizens, should submit their applications including copies of their academic and professional certificates, a copy of the National Identity Card or valid Passport, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing current position, qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary, a working email and a daytime telephone number. The CV should also include the email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees who can speak on your competence, character and integrity.
Other Key Requirements
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 during the interviews by providing original copies of the following documents:
A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
Clearance certificates from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) i.e. Completed First Schedule (s.13) and a self-declaration form; and
A Clearance Certificate from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) in Kenya.
About Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation
KDIC is a statutory institution established under the Kenya Deposit Insurance Act, 2012 (KDI Act, 2012). The Corporation is mandated to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions, to provide incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system and prompt resolution.