Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting entrepreneurs (KCIC clients) become bankable or investor ready by providing client tailored technical assistance. The main duties include; supporting Start-ups, SMEs and Community Based Organizations by providing advisory services, organizing business trainings, coaching clients and linking clients to financiers, markets and relevant resources.
- Support clients to access concessionary/commercial financing (grants, debt, equity) using knowledge of investment requirements and helping negotiate and structure financings;
- Supporting implementation of business plans, and interacting with in-house M&E team to ensure expected results are achieved, measured and evaluated;
- Developing a personal network in the regional finance and investment community, as well with advisors and technology experts to aid in supporting the clients access finance;
- Provide business advisory and financial analysis support to clients in the context of supporting agribusinesses;
- Analyze and evaluate requirements to ensure alignment to client’s strategy and the prevailing economic and technological advances through conducting client baseline/assessments;
- Nurture the client’s business through market feasibility studies, product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation support;
- Identify business training needs for clients and develop user friendly and practical training modules to close the identified needs;
- Identify mentoring and coaching areas for the clients and linking them with the correct mentors to aid in their business growth;
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in business related courses.
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA and CFA desired.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business development services, strategic or management consulting, or in providing technical business assistance ideally working with startup, early stage entrepreneurs, Community Based
- Organizations, and Self Help `groups.
- Experience in the critical analysis of a business, investment plans and financial statements;
- Experience working with the agribusiness sector is an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change;
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
MODE OF APPLICTAION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC)
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies. The KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to address climate change challenges. The Kenya CIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank's infoDev and is the first in a global network of CICs being launched by infoDev's Climate Technology Program (CTP). The Kenya CIC is funded by the United Kingdom's UKaid and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.