ROLE PROFILE FOR UNIT MANAGER
Reports to : Agency Manager
Direct Reports : Financial Advisors
Division : Life and Pensions
Department : Retail Life
Locations : Kakamega, Nakuru
The Unit Manager will be responsible for recruiting, training, selection, retention of productive Financial Advisors and ensuring that his/her unit meets and exceeds their monthly sales targets.
- Ensure that high production targets are met through the team and his/her personal production.
- Sales planning that achieves the set goals and objectives.
- Selling of insurance Life Products as targets prescribe.
- Conducting trainings on company products, processes, sales and soft skills to achieve results.
- Provide one-to-one coaching, mentoring and motivation to members of their teams and ensure that they effectively implement strategies and agreed action plans.
- Market segmentation and opening of markets for financial advisors to secure business.
- Meeting the set persistency levels of life business and retention targets for other lines of business.
- Providing effective customer service to both prospective and existing customers
- To ensure that any and all installments and renewal premiums on business produced by the Life Agents in the said region are paid to the Company on due dates and within such days of grace as may be allowed.
- Preparing sales and other management reports as required from time to time
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Agency Manager
- Minimum academic qualification – business-related Diploma level
- A successful track record of selling in the financial services sector, teaching or any other relevant profession
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience in selling life insurance and/or team management will be a definite advantage.
- At least 28 years and above
- Highly networked and adept at connecting with people
- Results oriented and able to work under strict deadlines to meet sales targets
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Good knowledge of life insurance.
- Results oriented and self-driven with a proven performance track record
- Previous experience working directly with clients or with an insurance Sales Team or selling Life insurance is encouraged
- Certification or proof of study in ACII, AIIK or CIM will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, can apply by sending their CV Only quoting – ‘Life Assurance Unit Manager – Nakuru’ as the subject.
The CV should be updated containing details of day and evening phone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three professional referees, qualifications, work experience, previous positions held relevant to this role. Also indicate your current and expected remuneration.
About Kenya Alliance Insurance Company Ltd
The Kenyan Alliance Insurance Company Ltd can trace its "roots” back to the early beginnings of the 20th century when its predecessors, Sun Insurance Office and Alliance Assurance Company based in the UK,established an agency representation in Kenya in 1915. Later, as the business grew, the company opened branches and ceased to operate through agency representation.