Shift Leader, Laundry Shop
Reporting to the Superintendent, Laundry Shop, the ideal candidate will be required to provide maximum comfort and hygiene to our guest by delivering the best quality of laundered aircraft furnish and linen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper laundry processes and formulas are adhered to.
- Ensure that aircraft furnish, and linen are properly classified in specific categories prior to washing to ensure production efficiency.
- Monitor to ensure that the laundry officers load the laundry wash wheels properly and wash formulas are followed to obtain efficiency in the washing process.
- Ensure preventive maintenance procedures are performed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis including filter cleaning/replacement, oiling and water/detergent/steam leak identification.
- Actively participate in aircraft cabin aesthetics and cleanliness involving removal/replacement of soiled seat covers and curtains as well as participating in aircraft fumigation and pest control.
- Check/interrogate for latched machine faults on the selector panel for predictive maintenance and accurate troubleshooting.
- Proactively engage the team to ensure daily set targets are met.
- Ensure proper use of time and materials i.e. the right prescribed quantities of chemicals; proper water levels; maintenance of equipment and proper scheduling of resources.
- Ensure daily replenishment of detergents/cleaning solvents to the optimum levels.
- Ensure that the percentage of rewash does not exceed 3% of the linen volume processed in each time (daily, weekly or monthly).
- Ensure visual inspection is carried out before every shift to detect machine failures/problems which can be solved without undue downtime.
- Ensure the laundry officers keep abreast with continual new changing aircraft furnish/linen fabrics and laundry chemicals in the marketplace to achieve and maintain high quality standards.
- Ensure that the laundry is kept free of dust and inspected daily.
- Ensure all line traps are emptied frequently after every shift.
- Ensure leaking pipes, humming motors, steam leaks, etc. are attended to immediately.
- Ensure and maintain a safe, healthy and secure working environment in compliance with authority requirements, relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company policies and customer airlines.
- Report hazards, near misses and incidents occurrence as per company procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Diploma in laundry, housekeeping, hospitality, catering or hotel management from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience.
- Prior experience in similar role is preferable.
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment.
- Ability to interpret machine maintenance and fault isolation manuals.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Must be willing to work for extended periods to ensure deliveries are made within schedule.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae quoting the position in the subject by Wednesday, 21st April 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.
About Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.