Innovations Hub Lead
Job TypeFull Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience5 – 6 years
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Reporting to the CEO’s Office, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and managing the Fahari Hub’s research and innovation projects with a focus on the business strategy in order to provide the senior leadership team with relevant data to make informed decisions. He/ she will be expected to implement and/or support specific strategic projects, by either coordination of cross-functional teams to run hackathons or facilitating business units to execute innovative projects through capability development and providing idea development framework.
Key Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Innovation Management
- Design the innovation strategy of the Fahari Hub in alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Define and prioritize key innovation projects across themes and business units based on a carefully drawn selection criterion.
- Identify and liaise with potential innovation partners – individuals, organizations, governments to pursue the successful execution of the innovation strategy.
- Develop proposals for funding based on the identified innovation strategy and work with partners to access financial and technical support.
- Manage innovation projects and implementation partners.
- Maintain an innovation portfolio, develop and disseminate idea execution tools as well as maintaining an innovation knowledge repository and processes that would increase the potential of Fahari Hub to generate wider organizational impact.
- Report on progress of strategy on a periodic basis, as agreed with the Director, Special Projects. Research Management.
- Design, develop and manage the research agenda of the Hub based on key priorities identified by the Leadership Team.
- Define key priority research questions, identify priority sectors where research, based on the approved research agenda, will be conducted.
- Identify research partners to work with and build internal capacity based on a common research framework
- Develop shared research tools and frameworks for use by the Fahari Hub and the partners it engages with.
- Write up research projects to take the lead in commissioning the execution of research outputs Communication & Networking.
- Manage and grow the initial internal and external network of Fahari Hub advocates.
- Take the lead in the development of projects based on research outputs and validated innovation activities.
- Plan and execute an annual aviation innovation summit, to bring together key players in the region for purposes of networking, exchanging ideas and learning from each other.
- Build profile and thought leadership through public speaking and writing & ensuring relevant work is represented in key spaces for research dissemination.
- Strategy Support & Development.
- Support and participate in the development of the company business strategy.
- Identify new areas of strategic direction for the business based on emerging and emergent trends in industry, research and innovation.
- Support and reinforce the delivery of key strategic special projects.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a Business-related field.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- 5 – 8 years’ working experience preferably in implementing/ supporting implementation of innovative solutions across multifunctional teams.
- High level of organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Strong facilitation, consultation and convening skills.
- Well-organized, with strong process management skills and an ability to establish priorities.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications either through LinkedIn or send an application attaching current curriculum vitae
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.