Information Technology Support Technician
Reporting to Manager, End User Computing and Support Services, the ideal candidate will provide the liaison between the customer, IT support team and the Vendor in ensuring timely resolution of incidents and requests as well as escalations as per the defined Incident management process. The role ensures the incidents are resolved as per the SLA. It also participates in problem management. The role also identifies the end user parts requirements through thorough analysis of trends of the incidents and requests raised through Service desk. The role keeps the IT team informed on issues affecting customer.
Principle accountabilities include:
- Ensure the number of Incidents and Requests are logged accurately.
- Investigation and providing support for all end user requests.
- First level resolution of incidents/service requests.
- Escalating incidents/service requests that they cannot resolve within agreed timescales to the IT support teams and vendors.
- Communication to the IT Management on major incident progress.
- Problem-fixing all incidents, requests, and other calls.
- Provide guidance on the quality of replacement spares and parts.
- Application and Network links monitoring, reporting and follow-up for resolution.
- Receive, classify, prioritize, and log incidents and requests on daily basis.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all customers of the Service Desk while maintaining quality and expectations. Support and configure end users on various standard and business applications like Email and internet.
- Taking users through a series of best practices as well as answering their inquiries and advising on proper use of hardware and software.
- Keep affected customers informed about incident and request resolution progress on daily basis, notifying them of impending changes and or agreed outages etc.
- Implement Service Support policies, plans and strategies relating to ITIL incident, and request Fulfilment and others as may be applicable. Adherence to IS processes e.g Incident Management, Request fulfillment, VIP.
- Identify and report immediately to IT Management any potential IT risks in the user environment.
- Detection of possible problems and assignment of these to problem management.
- Participate in the problem management process.
- Analyzing and reporting on: Calls trend, Vendor performance trends, Performance trends on applications and end user device components.
- Prepare performance and ad hoc reports to measure and improve incident management among others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- University degree in IT or relevant field
- At least 1- 3 years’ experience in offering technical IT support in a busy environment
- ITIL foundation certification
- A+ or equivalent
- Vendor based technical training/ certification e.g. HP/Dell
Desired Behavioural Competencies
- Customer Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Creativity and Innovation
- Results Orientation
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- IT proficiency and skill
- Customer service
- Experience in logistics
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application letter and a detailed curriculum vitae quoting the position in the subject
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.
About Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.