Research Programme – Field Supervisor (Kilifi)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldData Science / Research
This position’s main roles is to effectively co-ordinate the activities of the Fieldworkers and ensure that all assigned tasks and duties are executed in a timely fashion and in compliance with stipulated procedures and guidelines.
- Train and supervise fieldworkers, carry out regular visits and spot checks to ensure adherence to data quality, ethical guidelines
- Ensure questionnaires/ data forms are well completed and track questionnaires/forms sent back for call-backs and take corrective action including re-training of field teams on use of research instruments.
- Participate in planning and carrying out community mobilization activities.
- Maintain relevant census documentation and records.
- Provide support and guidance to the Field Workers on data collection, resolve any problems and report on actions taken.
- Prepare reports on field operations as required.
- Take care of assigned equipment including timely reporting of damages and required repairs.
- Participate in continuous quality control and validation; chair weekly Field workers’ debriefs; attend weekly quality control meetings; attend quarterly CAST meetings;
- Supervise and evaluate census enumeration/manual editing and oversee mapping
Offer technical support to the Field Management Office on how best to nest onto the KHDSS and to liaise with
- transport and other departments to overcome complicated logistics.
And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- C Plain (C) mean grade in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
- Relevant Diploma from a renowned training institution.
- At least four years (4) experience of fieldwork
- Clear supervisory role in job description.
- Be registered with relevant professional body where applicable
- Co-ordination and management skills or technical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong Supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills .
- Team working with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About KEMRI-Wellcome Trust
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research - (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag. Nairobi Programme director Mike English and the Chief Operating Officer Catherine Kenyatta. Our Vision to establish long term sustainable capacity for research in human health that improves global health. Our Mission to deliver high quality research relevant to global health and to build local capacity for undertaking research. Aims of the programme â€¢To conduct research to the highest international scientific and ethical standards on the major causes of morbidity and mortality in the region in order to provide the evidence base to improve health. â€¢To train an internationally competitive cadre of Kenyan and African research leaders to ensure the long term development of health research in Africa