Oracle Database Administrator
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
- Responsible for support of Oracle database systems including but not limited to availability, performance and reliability of database systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the Oracle database systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Perform database performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance to ensure maximum performance.
- Implement database backup and recovery strategies that meet KCB’s recovery and availability requirements.
- Setup and document database related processes and procedures for Business Continuity.
- Recommend best practices and ensure they are implemented and incorporated into DBA procedures.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems including non-functional problems such as performance issues with Oracle
- Engineered Systems by identifying workarounds and driving resolution.
- Provide technical guidance for design, development, integration and testing of production Oracle databases.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all Oracle databases.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for Oracle database systems in order to achieve required uptime SLA for mission critical applications.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT related field or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 7 years’ experience in database management in environments with Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Exadata Engineered Systems.
- Certification in Oracle – Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is required, Oracle Certified Master (OCM) is preferred.
- Experience in Opensource SQL database (MySQL/Maria DB, PostgreSQL) an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About KCB Bank Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.