Oracle Database Administrator – IRC10292
Technology Infrastructure department oversees planning, deployment and operation of state-of-the-art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases and Cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The role holder will provide expertise required for planning, implementation, and operations of KCBs Oracle Database Systems. The environment is composed of a large number of Oracle databases running on Oracle Engineered Systems that support mission critical business services.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all Oracle databases.
- Responsible for support of Oracle database systems including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability of database systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the Oracle database systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Perform database performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance to ensure maximum performance.
- Implement database backup and recovery that meet KCB’s recovery and availability requirements
- Setup and document database related processes and procedures for Business Continuity.
- Diagnose and solve problems including non-functional problems such as performance issues with Oracle
- Engineered Systems by identifying workarounds and driving resolution.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 7 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years’ experience in database management in environments with Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Exadata Engineered Systems.
- Certification in Oracle – Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is required.
- Experience in Opensource SQL database (MySQL/Maria DB, PostgreSQL) an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB ” button above to apply for this job.
About KCB Bank Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.