Manager Systems Infrastructure
Job Type Full Time
Experience 7 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
Technology Infrastructure department oversees planning, deployment and operation of state-of-the-art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases and Cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The position holder will act as the team leader of a team of engineers in charge of systems infrastructure that includes Servers, Storage, SAN, Operating Systems, Active Directory and virtualization. He/She will also provide expertise in planning and operations of systems infrastructure that is composed of diverse technologies running on-premise Servers, Storage, SAN and Operating Systems.
- Responsible for systems support including but not limited to availability, performance and reliability all on-premise IT systems infrastructure.
- Responsible for infrastructure optimization of all IT infrastructure to ensure optimal infrastructure performance.
- Administration duties including Windows Active Directory object maintenance, complex troubleshooting and repair tasks on Active Directory, Windows Server 2008-2019, Domain Controllers, DNS, user authentication and other operational systems as needed.
- Implementation tools to aid in improving operation efficiencies in monitoring and infrastructure management.
- Automation of Directory Services to provide Identity Management and User/Group management tools utilizing
- Active Directory as the backbone for the Identity Access Management implementation.
- Establishes service specifications to other systems including permissions modification, deletion, role definitions, reclassification and other similar access management related functions.
- Service Quality Management by ensuring systems Infrastructure platforms perform within or exceed KPIs, ensure ability of the system to support specific forms of traffic, and to support end user experience. The same should be tracked using SLAs.
- Service Quality Management: Ensure IT and Infrastructure platforms perform within or exceed KPIs, ensure ability of the system to support specific forms of traffic, and to support end user experience. The same should be tracked using SLAs.
- Resolve faults on all systems deployed for IT infrastructure and Cloud platforms.
- Implements best practice security measures to ensure the integrity and continuity of systems services, information and continuously monitor security compliance.
- Provide systems infrastructure team leadership.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT/ Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7 years progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years’ experience in infrastructure support in an environment mixed with Windows, Linux and UNIX server environment.
- Certification in VMware (VCP) or Storage certification or Microsoft Professional certification in systems.
- Good working knowledge of high availability environments with Active Directory, VMware and RedHat virtualization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About KCB Bank Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.