Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldLaw / Legal
Terms of Service: Six (6) years non-renewable contract.Salaries as per the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
An Officer at this level will report to H.E the Governor:
- Is the principal legal adviser to the county government;
- Shall attend the meetings of the county executive committee as an ex-officio member of the executive committee;
- Shall on the instructions of the county government, represent the county executive in court or in any other legal proceedings to which the county executive is a party, other than criminal proceedings;
- Shall advise departments in the county executive on legislative and other legal matters;
- Shall negotiate, draft, vet and interpret documents and agreements for and on behalf of the county executive and its agencies;
- Shall be responsible for the revision of county laws
- May liaise with the Office of the Attorney General when need arises; andviii. Shall perform any other, function as may be necessary for the effective discharge of the duties and the exercise of the powers of the County Attorney.
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, one must;
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya of at least five years standing; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity; Interested applicants are expected to produce valid clearances from the following bodies:Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University Education.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce certified copies of originals of their National Identity Card, academic, professional certificates and transcripts during interviews
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applicants should click on “Our Job Offers” Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the application form and submit ONLINE on or before 25th November, 2020 at 11.59 P.M.N/B: No hard copy will be accepted. PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
About Kakamega County Public Service Board
Kakamega County is one of the 47 counties in the Republic of Kenya. It borders Vihiga County to the south, Siaya County to the West, Bungoma County to the North and Nandi County to the East. The county covers an area of 3050.3 Km2 (Kakamega CDP, 2013). The altitude of the county is between 1,240 metres and 2,000 metres above sea level.