Senior Machine Learning Engineer
As Senior Machine Learning Engineer you will accountable for building JUMO’s next generation of Prediction Services that enable us to deploy ML models into production, directly affecting customer offers and our portfolio performance. Our role as a team is to build systems that increase efficiency in turning data into predictive features and executing predictive models on these features. Predictions are consumed by downstream systems in segmentation, offer generation and asset management. Prediction is a mission critical function at JUMO and therefore our team strives for operational excellence and you would be expected to join us in this mindset.
You will be based in either South Africa, Kenya or Portugal and will report to the Head of ML Engineering.
We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have a co-working space available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. For our Kenya and Porto colleagues, we provide access to co-working spaces on a needs basis for collaboration and connection. You can however work from any location in these countries.
If you join us, you will
- Build and evolve JUMO’s Prediction Services platform to support our mission of financial inclusion
- Deploy real-time and batch models that predict customer behaviour for optimal product fit
- Work with a team of ML Engineers who are keen to solve big problems and grow as a collective
- Immerse yourself in a data driven environment working closely with Data Engineering, Decision Science and
- Portfolio teams.
- Mentor juniors with technical leadership
- Help with reviewing code and merging changes
- Drive your own development with the support of senior leaders
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
- Help guide and set the standards in coding and deployments
- Drive operational excellence in meeting our Service Level Objectives
- Work directly with team stakeholders and help with breaking down complex problems into smaller tasks
What you’ll need
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- 5 years+ software development experience as part of a team
- Expert Python skills
- Proven technical leadership in developing mission critical software
- Proven experience in the Machine Learning lifecycle
- Proven experience with large scale datasets beyond traditional SQL technologies, such as NoSQL & Apache Spark, AWS EMR
- Cloud development experience, preferably AWS
- Proven experience in Continuous Delivery and Integration of Code
- Ability to work in autonomously in potentially ambiguous situations
Bonus if you have experience in
- Fintech domain
- Infrastructure as Code
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
JUMO is a platform that provides transaction and predictive technology for Mobile Network Operators and Banks.