Regional Category Manager – Jumia (Full Time)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
About The Role
The Strategic Jumia Partner(SJP) at Jumia is the owner of the P&L of one or several Brands across all our markets. The SJP will be interacting with C-Levels internally as well as managing a team of key accounts across all countries ( reporting to CCO country & Category Director). He / she will also have to build tremendous relationships externally with top executives at brand and distributor side.
The SJP is responsible for delivering a world-class customer and vendor experience thanks to the right assortment, perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns.
Your Position As SJP Entails
- Achieving the targets of revenue and gross margin for your category and your dedicated key accounts
- Building, managing, animating the key account management team across all markets – around 20 people
- Developing tight professional / personal relationships with MEA MDs and MEA CEOs of key brands (Lenovo, Intel,Groupseb etc)
- Being recognized as an expert on your category in MEA by all stakeholders
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, Mobile Week. The SJP will coordinate all commercial teams related to his/her Brand to ensure a flawless execution in the event preparation
Becomi ng an expert of your category with a perfect knowledge of the different products / pricing / market trends
- Handling pricing and assortment strategy through your team
- Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being involved in our Tech developments
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Very detail oriented
- Strong Analytical
- Strong drive
- Exceptional commercial skills
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
JUMIA is an e-commerce startup with an aim to mimic Amazon’s success by delivering a wide range of items, from toys to generators across the African continent. Shortly after the startup of the business in Nigeria, JUMIA launched warehouses in four other growing countries which include: Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Cote d'Ivoire.