City Manager Nakuru – Jumia (Full Time)
Job TypeFull Time
Experience1 – 2 years
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
About The Role.
As a city manager your role will be twofold. On the one hand you will work as a member of our sales and account management team and be responsible for identifying, approaching and signing contracts with restaurant partners. You will help develop our offering to restaurants and manage key accounts and help to grow existing businesses by leveraging your sales and relationship management skills. In addition to this, the role will have an operational component and you will manage the local rider base and have to ensure that local operations are handled effectively.
After closing the contract you will continue your relationship with restaurant partners and identify and conduct initiatives to activate them. We are looking for a generalist who is passionate about Jumia Food and enjoys interacting and negotiating with partners. You’ll l everage your skills in emailing, cold-calling, and driving internal processes to set up our partnerships for success.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the entire sales process with new partners to source and negotiate the best products in your city to deliver it to our customers
- Drive expansion of existing clients as well as generating new business at prospect chains
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Meet monthly targets set out by the management team
- Daily report with the tasks executed (calls and visits)
- Help us identify and build best practices for your sales team and others
- Ensure end-to-end operational excellence with partners, customers, customer service agents and riders
- Maintains city staff (riders) by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training riders.
- Recommends programs and services by identifying and anticipating new trends
- Fluency in English is a must
- Willing to relocate in Kenya
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Sales – preferably in a startup environment
- Proactive, organized, and obsessed with detail and accuracy
- Know how to negotiate your way into a super deal through sales techniques and persuasion
- Have excellent communication skills. Eloquent, with good grammar and writing skills
- Autonomous and self-starter who is able to work in a highly demanding environment
- Computer literate; good knowledge of Google Docs and MS Office.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations is a plus
What We Offer
A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
JUMIA is an e-commerce startup with an aim to mimic Amazon’s success by delivering a wide range of items, from toys to generators across the African continent. Shortly after the startup of the business in Nigeria, JUMIA launched warehouses in four other growing countries which include: Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Cote d'Ivoire.