GPH Vaccine Programs Liaison
Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health, an organization within Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Implementation Manager for Vaccines, located in Eastern or Western Africa.
Charting a bold, new, sustainable approach, Global Public Health (GPH) is pushing boundaries as the first fully-dedicated organization within a healthcare company that combines R&D, novel access programs and business model innovation, in-country operations, and advocacy to ensure that innovative treatments and technologies of public health importance are available, affordable and accessible for the world’s most underserved populations. The Global Public Health Vaccines Access Strategy and Impact (AS&I) team strives to ensure that underserved and vulnerable populations reach their full potential by increasing equitable access to innovative, high impact vaccines. The Africa Implementation & Impact Team strives to strengthen healthcare systems on the continent to enable rapid adoption of innovative products and programs to improve access to quality healthcare solutions. Responsible for building end-to-end solutions to maximize impact of our current and future portfolio.
The GPH Program Liaison will be a critical member of cross- functional GPH Africa Vaccines Triads to implement GPH Vaccine launch plans & activities. Working with global and regional External Affairs and Programs support, he/she will be responsible developing strategic partnerships/ relationships with internal stakeholder and external stakeholders (KOLs, Government Agencies, Institutions, NGOs, bilateral agencies) at the regional and country level to understand and anticipate gaps and opportunities, gather insights, implement and support vaccines value add programs and initiatives. This position requires proactive utilization strategic planning, public health and business analytics & knowledge, vaccines ecosystem insights and knowledge, advocacy & relationship building skills and project management know how to execute the GPH Vaccines strategies, goals & objectives.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the implementation of GPH Vaccine AS&I strategies across the African Continent (at the regional / country level assigned)
- Manage the day to day operations of vaccines program implementation and serve as the point of contact for vaccines program implementation at the African regional / country level assigned
- Develop and implement project plans, manage project timelines & budgets in line with the Vaccines ASI Strategies and lead their execution, monitoring & evaluation.
- Proactively identify, assess, and manage vaccines program risks in the African region / country assigned
- Clearly communicate project status, issues, and successes to other Triad members (Access and Health Systems Lead) and Africa Implementation Lead.
- Build and Manage technical & business relationships with stakeholders including – KOLs, Public sector officials, Country level NGO’s and relevant Institutions.
- Apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, and closing of projects & program launches.
- Perform other duties as assigned/required
- A minimum of a BSc degree required. MPH/MBA is preferred.
Strong technical knowledge of Vaccines and the vaccines ecosystem in SSA preferred
- An understanding of the global health ecosystem and access environment in low resource settings is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of regional health program or product implementation experience in Africa required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles with strong organizational and time management skills is required
- Experience in Partnership building and advocacy skills required
- The successful candidate is a self-starter with a commitment to and passion for delivering results for vulnerable and underserved populations.
- The individual must have excellent verbal & written communication skills, with cross-functional alignment, partnering, and influencing without authority being critical components of job success.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record with strong interpersonal management skills, thought leadership, accountability, and results orientation, Sense of Urgency and Networking are required.
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of MS Project, MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Johnson & Johnson
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.