Head of Production and Quality Assurance Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Department: Production and Quality
Reports To: Country Director
Start Date: January, 2021
The Job Purpose of the Production and Quality Assurance Manager is to ensure full compliance of all Franchises with Jibu’s standards and official regulatory requirements. This position is fully responsible for the water quality produced and sold at all Franchises in Kenya.
About the Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement an effective sampling and laboratory testing program for product and raw water at production sites in
- Kenya, for quality assurance and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Provide support to JibuCo laboratory on developing a Laboratory Management System.
- Support new product developments in the Kenyan market by carrying out technical research and identifying regulatory requirements and boundaries.
- Oversee general P&Q expenditure and budget planning to ensure resources are available while minimizing wastage.
- Manage franchise-technician relationships to promote cooperation and ensure effective communication channels are in place for requesting technical support and reporting non-conformities.
- Collect data and provide technical analysis on the performance of water treatment systems to support technical activities such as preventive maintenance scheduling and spare parts usage forecasting
- Conduct regular review and updates to quality control programs including internal quality audits to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory quality standards at >30 decentralised production sites in Kenya.
- Develop and review a quality breach policy to enforce quality standards at the production sites and develop systems for addressing non-conformities and conducting root cause analysis
- Provide regular reports on quality audit performance and ensure the closure of non-conformities found at production sites through the implementation of a well-communicated Quality Breach Policy
- Supervise technicians in enforcing quality standards and collect data to provide analysis on quality status at the sites
- Manage the relationship with regulatory bodies end-to-end;
1. Organize and manage registration and certification efforts of production sites in Kenya.
2. identify creative ways to reduce turn-around time and costs for certifications.
3. Manage timely recertification of all sites.
4. Follow up on non conformities.
- Review and update operator training programs and develop training materials, guidelines, SOPs, best practices documents, refresher training for technicians and operators
- Monitor effectiveness of training programs and modify according to ongoing development and changing regulatory requirements
- Work closely with the global engineer to improve Jibu’s Water Safety Plan and ensure highest product quality at all times and all sites.
- Oversee technical projects and general activities of the P&Q department
- Supervising the team of technicians, conduct regular performance reviews and organise resources and training for their continued professional development
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Experience in water engineering, water production, quality management or any other related field
- Experience in quality control and assurance
- Track record in dealing with regulatory bodies in Kenya, especially food and beverages
- Experience in supervising and leading small teams
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Quality Management and related field
- A leader who has demonstrated success managing a diverse group of people and challenges.
- A self-starter able to think critically and problem solve on the fly.
- Able to design and implement quality control processes.
- An excellent communicator able to effectively inspire, grow and manage a team of local technicians and local production managers to properly maintain equipment. (written and spoken english)
- A natural teacher with a passion for capacity building.
- Proactive and able to anticipate issues, while able to perform routine maintenance and emergency repair to water treatment equipment including but not limited to; general plumbing, centrifugal pumps, peristaltic dosing pumps, ultrafiltration membranes, and process control equipment.
- A strong contributor to the Jibu business unit leadership team in strategic planning, team development, management of regulatory requirements, etc.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Learn more about Jibu at www.jibuco.com
Please label the PDF documents as: YOURNAME_CV and YOURNAME_coverletter. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Jibu capitalizes and equips entrepreneurs to establish affordable access to basic necessities, starting with an anchor product of safe water. The innovative business-driven, charitably-grounded model has the potential to not only solve the drinking water crisis but also to revolutionize how market resources and capital are deployed to tackle other systemic emerging market challenges.