Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Reports to: Director.
Main Purpose of role: Responsible for general accounting and book keeping support functions in an organization.
Key Responsibilities and performance areas:
- Financial Planning and Monitoring 40%Preparing and recoding assets, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies;
- Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing trial balance; reconciling entries;
- Summarizing financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet; profit and loss and other statements;
- Performing bank reconciliation and ensuring correct banking is done;
- Analyzing financial information and financial status;
- Maintaining the payroll;
- Safe keeping of company records and assets;
- Filing of company tax returns i.e. PAYE, VAT and INCOME TAX and ensuring statutory payments are done on time;
- Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, generate age analysis other irregularities,
- Performing month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries;
- Coordinating with the finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks;
- Generating financial reports and statements to managers for review;
- Inventory Management 40%Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances;
- Preparing the month end stock valuations, validating the Cost of sales and margin analysis;
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger;
- Verifying accurate costs for inventories;
- Monitoring inventory transactions;
- Assisting in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory;
- Reviewing monthly stock gains/losses and ensuring they are within the territory;
- Maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures;
- People Leadership and Management 20%Providing leadership and guidance to a team of accountants, cashiers; monitoring their performance and general quality of work;
- Managing accounting assistants and bookkeepers;
- Managing and overseeing the entire accounting team;
- Monitoring and mentoring junior staff, clerks and book keepers;
- Working collaboratively with other teams to achieve shared goals;
- Providing guidance to other accountants when needed;
- lEnsuring practical learning experiences for trainees the organization by providing accounting support and guidance;
- lEnsuring rules and regulations are adhered to by all users;
- Give a weekly report on sales analysis showing margins per location;
- Motivating and coach the team to operational success;
- Monitoring the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems;
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and ensuring each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them;
- Working positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities;
- Providing support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team;
- Give daily report on daily bank reconciliation showing unreconciled amounts;
- Give monthly report on the monthly income statement and balance sheet for Jeyfines;
- Assisting with employee expense reports;
Key Result Areas
- Customer satisfaction
- Accounting efficiency
- Profitability of the business in line with budgetary provisions.
- Implementation of the business plan and attainment of the business targets.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree, Finance Option
- Must possess a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Quick Books
Minimum Required Experience
- Experience with bank reconciliation and tracking credit card transaction
- At least 5 years’ experience.
- CPA Section 6.
- Knowledge in sage.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Planning and organizing
- Workflow financial management skills
- Ability to work in a competitive and challenging environment
- Self driven/Goal focused/Target driven
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet all assigned deadline
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Team work
- Problem solving skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV using the position as subject of email.
About Jeyfine Wines Company Limited
Jeyfine Wines Company Limited was founded in 2012.It was co-founded by Joseph King’ori and Anne Muthoni. It started as a proprietorship in 2012 in Nairobi Central Business Districts along Accra road. At that time the business sold mostly spirits as it had just started. Customers used to pass by the shop to buy goods as there were no motorcycles and motor vehicle for delivery.
In early 2013, competition from liqueur market and internal difficulties led to critical management changes that it led to employment of accountants and sales manager. By mid 2013,spirits faced stiff competition with the entry of premiums products in to the market. This made Joseph King’ori to invest in premium products.
By 2014 the business was shifted to Care Business Centre along Dubois Road next to Kensilver Bus stage. This was a strategic move as it led to the growth of the business. It is in this year the business was incorporated as Jeyfine Wines Company Limited.