Service Redesign Project Manager
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Project Management
We are seeking a talented individual for the role of a Service Redesign Project Manager.
The Service Redesign Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day affairs of a collaborative project led by Jacaranda Health, a County Health Management Team and an external research partner.
The project will explore and implement options for redesigning elements of health service delivery, with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for mothers and babies.
The project will involve the participation of multiple stakeholders – County government, community structures, health implementation partners and research teams.
Location: Based in Kakamega County, Kenya, with 25% travel to Nairobi.
Reports to: Executive Director (Africa) and Government Partnerships Manager
You excel at bringing structure to complex projects: Setting up a project plan, gantt charts, activity trackers etc. is bread and butter to you. But you also go beyond the tools and identify risks and opportunities, and appropriate mitigation strategies.
You thrive in situations that require coordination of multiple stakeholders: You are able to map and align the incentives and concerns of various parties into a project plan, so that there is ownership and agreement across the board.
You are a talented communicator: You are equally comfortable with a senior leader in the health department, as you are with a junior officer in the field – and you’re able to engage them to get the job done. You are also experienced at working in a matrix environment, where moving a project forward requires engaging multiple internal teams.
What does success look like?
You will be instrumental in introducing significant systems level change in delivery of health services for mothers and babies in a county, likely leading to an improvement in health outcomes. You will achieve this by getting approval for an implementation plan, coordinating the implementation of redesign efforts, coordinating reporting activities and engagement of partners and constantly communicating successes and challenges.
What you will do
Planning and implementation
- Lead the project’s planning and implementation schedule and work streams, including activity planning, risk management, change management, and status reporting
- Build a team of internal and external collaborators, including hiring new staff where necessary, to delivery on project objectives
- Support the development of a Service Redesign Implementation Plan and Project Reports
Communication and coordination
- Establish and support the functions of a Project Governance Committee
- Coordinate project communications with key internal and external stakeholders
- Support teams to collect data for project monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Support teams to deploy their programs and solutions in a smooth fashion
- Compile information for internal and external reports. External reports will be targeted towards project partners as well as donors
- Work with the communications team to compile and share insights from the project as it is implemented
- Work closely with the Jacaranda operations team to establish all financial and operational needs for the project (recruitment, project finances, logistics etc.)
- Work closely with government agencies to support planning, financing and execution of implementation activities
- Proven experience coordinating complex projects
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated examples of communicating with multiple stakeholders in English and Swahili
- Excellent powerpoint, word and excel skills
- Ability to write clear, comprehensive reports in English
- Previous experience coordinating teams across organizations, and managing individuals with “dotted line” reporting
- Non-profit / NGO experience working in a limited resource setting
- Masters Degree in engineering, public health or other relevant discipline
- Project Management Certification is an asset
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Jacaranda Health
Jacaranda Health is a social enterprise and operates as a 501(c)3 in the US. Our mission is to transform maternal health care in East Africa and make pregnancy and childbirth safer for women and newborns. If you are interested in donating or partnering with Jacaranda Health, please visit our Donate page. Jacaranda’s staff is made up of professionals from diverse backgrounds in business and healthcare, supported by a network of advisors around the globe.