Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProject Management
Jacaranda Health is seeking a talented individual for the role of a Project coordinator on Service Delivery Redesign (SDR) Project. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting in managing the day-to-day operational affairs of a collaborative project led by Jacaranda Health, a County Health Management Team and an external research partner. The project will explore and implement options for redesigning elements of Maternal and Neonatal health service delivery, with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for mothers and babies. The project will involve the participation of multiple stakeholders – County government, community structures, health implementation partners and research teams.
Location: Kakamega County, Kenya, with 10% travel to Nairobi.
Reports to: Project Manager, Service Delivery Redesign
Preferred start date: March 25, 2021
- Support the project planning and implementation schedule and work streams, including activity planning, risk management, change management, and status reporting
- Support the functions of a Project Governance Committee
- Support the project manager to respond to requests by providing precise information and in a timely manner
- Manage projects relationships through coordination of project communications with key internal and external stakeholders including contracting and due diligence checks
- In liaison with the Jacaranda operations team; support the administrative component of the project to establish all operational needs for the project (recruitment, project finances, logistics etc.)
- Support the M&E component by collecting project data for monitoring and evaluation/reporting purposes
- Support teams to smoothly deploy programs and solutions and identification of growth opportunities
- Organize booking events , programme meetings, project launches, conferences, trainings and arrange for donor visits to field offices including collation of reports
- Support in the execution of Project Management duties including; drafting documents on program implementation i.e. memos, letters, assessment reports and note taking
- Develop and manage the project documentation including archival and retrieval procedures for all projects reports
- Degree or Diploma in Social sciences with preference to Project Management.
- Proven experience in project management support especially with generating templates, work plans, drafting reports and succinct communications
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft office suite.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling both internal and external stakeholders
- At least 2 years previous experience of coordinating work streams in a similar environment
- Great interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization, make a difference, and build a rewarding long-term career.
This position is expected to be a contract of 12 months, based in Kakamega County
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should follow directions in our HireHive application platform and provide
Profile, not more than 3 pages,
Cover Letter: Please only explain how your background and experiences make you the most suitable candidate, no other information is required here,
Three reference who can testify on your behalf
Please note that we are unable to respond to applicants who have not been selected for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply soonest since applications are reviewed and processed on a rolling basis until a hire is made.
About Jacaranda Health
Jacaranda Health is a social enterprise and operates as a 501(c)3 in the US. Our mission is to transform maternal health care in East Africa and make pregnancy and childbirth safer for women and newborns. If you are interested in donating or partnering with Jacaranda Health, please visit our Donate page. Jacaranda’s staff is made up of professionals from diverse backgrounds in business and healthcare, supported by a network of advisors around the globe.