We have big ambitions and require a Paediatric Nurse with Maternity experience.
Reporting to our nurse-in-charge, we are looking for someone highly motivated, caring, dedicated Pediatric Nurse to be responsible for the medical and health care of children.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Certification as a Registered Nurse for Paediatric care
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/ (medical training) college
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in clinical work as a licensed Paediatric Nurse and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all clients
- Position holder should have at least 5 years’ experience in Maternity
- Experience with neonatal resuscitation after birth (Preferred)
- Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; empathy and the ability to relate to children
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Strong leadership and initiative to solve problems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and exercise good judgment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients’ symptoms and medical history for the doctor;
- Assessing a child’s needs and providing initial care;
- Identifying changes in children’s symptoms and intervening in emergency situations;
- Participating in pain management for children;
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines;
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records;
- Monitoring and giving care plan for admitted neonates in the NBU.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child’s illness or injury;
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures;
- Educating general nurses on updated information needed to improve patient outcomes;
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care and other services for clients at the facility based on
- Jacaranda Maternity’s clinical protocols and processes;
Any other duties as assigned.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Jacaranda Health
Jacaranda Health is a social enterprise and operates as a 501(c)3 in the US. Our mission is to transform maternal health care in East Africa and make pregnancy and childbirth safer for women and newborns. If you are interested in donating or partnering with Jacaranda Health, please visit our Donate page. Jacaranda’s staff is made up of professionals from diverse backgrounds in business and healthcare, supported by a network of advisors around the globe.