Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Job Summary: Jacaranda Health is expanding its mentorship program in Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC) to new counties in Kenya.
This is an on-site mentoring approach, where our team of EmONC mentors lead continuous medical education (CME) sessions, one-on-one mentorship, skills trainings, and simulation drills for emergencies, leading to a significant and sustained improvement in EmONC knowledge and skills. Our team will work with county health administrators to adapt the current model for the county context. Under the supervision of the Program Management Team, the EmONC Mentor will be responsible for oversight and execution of the county-specific mentorship program in the field.
- Works as a self-driven individual who is passionate about maternal health
- Conducts facility-based CMEs, simulation drills, and other methods of learning
- Facilitates Quality Improvement initiatives where applicable and tracks data
- Conducts performance improvement programs based on learning needs of the staff.
- Performs nursing practice by providing direct patient care where appropriate
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism and represents Jacaranda as an organization dedicated to ending maternal/neonatal deaths and morbidities
- Strong Knowledge of EmONC principles and experience handling emergencies; has completed ALSO training or equivalent
- Experience in collecting data for monitoring or research purposes
- Demonstrated ability to develop, coordinate, deliver and evaluate education and training programs that incorporate contemporary adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated experience in a nursing leadership role involving change management, team development skills, and the ability to apply complex problem-solving strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years midwifery experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to deal with interpersonal conflict
- Contract Period: This position is expected to be a contract of 12 months, based in the counties neighboring Nairobi OR western Kenya.
Reporting to: Senior Program Coordinator (EmONC Mentorship)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Jacaranda Health
Jacaranda Health is a social enterprise and operates as a 501(c)3 in the US. Our mission is to transform maternal health care in East Africa and make pregnancy and childbirth safer for women and newborns. If you are interested in donating or partnering with Jacaranda Health, please visit our Donate page. Jacaranda’s staff is made up of professionals from diverse backgrounds in business and healthcare, supported by a network of advisors around the globe.