We are searching for a methodical and strategic grants manager to work with our organization in enhancing funding models, identifying new sources of funding, and developing sustainable and effective grants programs. Duties for the grants manager will include managing overall grant efforts, documenting payments and expenditure, optimizing the grant administration process, overseeing fund-raising, preparing progress reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, reviewing grant proposals, managing grant databases, engaging with donor agencies, educating staff on policies, and preparing financial reports. Your skills and expertise in successful grants management will aid our organization in serving the public by securing continuous funding, improving business opportunities through effective funding programs, and executing meaningful projects.
The ideal candidate for this role should have superior organizational skills, great leadership qualities, and exceptional budgeting and monitoring skills. The outstanding grants manager should re-enforce relationships with donors, ensure that grant programs operate efficiently, streamline grant administration, and keep our organization fiscally sound.
You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will be tailored to meet the learning objectives of a successful internship candidate. If you have a particular interest in developing grant management skills not directly listed below please ensure these are highlighted in your cover letter.
A typical day might involve:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the research and development department’s strategy.
- Researching and identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Identifying support agencies.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Project Manager to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
- Collaborating with Project Manager to compile an annual report.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Designing grant programs.
- Determining funding needs.
- Reporting to the board of directors.
- Optimizing the grant administration process.
- Managing timelines and deliverables.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Tracking grant applications.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working in the non-profit sector, an interest in social entrepreneurship and international development are highly desirable.
- Degree in business administration or equivalent
- Budgeting and accounting experience
- Methodical and strategic thinking
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of auditing policies
- Project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of donor agencies
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Strong writing skill
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Jabulani Youths for Transformation
A non profit organization that works to alleviate poverty, improve welfare, promote good governance, nurture talents and contribute to environmental conservation.