Construction Project Manager / Mechanical Construction Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldBuilding and Construction
ISM Africa (ISM Containers) are seeking to recruit an experienced Construction Project Manager or a Mechanical Construction Manager to manage a dynamic shipping container fabrication Company.
The successful candidate will be responsible the management of the fabrication works, including metal works, wielding, plumbing, electrical etc… Will be In charge of procurement and purchasing, will need to coordinate with sales and design functions, whilst maintaining good relationships with the company clients, ensuring good cost management and profitability in the business, working closely with and reporting to the company Directors.
This role will suit an experienced project manager who has worked within the construction/ building / fabrication/ industry, ideally with metal work, construction trade (Plumbing, electrical, wielding) experience or ideally previous container works experience. The successful candidate will have operational responsibility for the projects being carried out and will be expected to have a ‘hands-on’ enthusiastic approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Supervision and performance management of all fabrication works, alongside the Design and sales Teams.
- Capacity planning and job allocation to relevant team members (employees & sub contractors)
- Ensure projects are programmed/scheduled effectively and profit margins are achievable
- Investigation and resolution of any customer/client complaints
- Financial reviews, cost management and providing regular updates to Directors.
- Assist in the final account applications
- Train and mentor staff, recruitment of sub-contractors as required
- Review of processes to improve where necessary and remove wastage/improve profitability
- Ensure all projects are fully managed by staff, updated and progressing to time and within budget
Oversight of Health & Safety
- Compliance with Environmental legislation and policies
For This Role You Will Need To:
- Demonstrate operational management experience and commercial awareness
- Have experience in managing construction teams and projects from inception to completion
- Staff management experience
- Experience in managing contract managers, trades staff & sub-contractors
- Cost management
- Have maintained relationships with clients
- Good and effective communication skills
- Good analytical and organizational abilities
- Possess good leadership ability, as well as ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and construction drawings
- Ability to be proactive and foresee events and react appropriately towards them
- The ability to multitask in different situations
- Ability to work and carry out projects within a stipulated time frame or deadline
- At least 5 years on-the-job experience in a similar role or in any other construction capacity essential
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About ISM Africa
ISM Africa is a group of companies, with interests in Manufacturing, renewable energy, trading, food security and project services. We have relationships with a number of reputable brands that serve the industrial, mining, hospitality, NGO and government markets. These partnerships ensure that our products and services are high quality, proven, reliable, and supported.