Information Security Specialist
Your Background & Skills
- Strong working knowledge of diverse IT systems and information security fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, vulnerability, and industry security technologies such as endpoint protection and network/device monitoring
- At least 3 years’ experience in information security, digital security principles, and safe computing practices.
- Very strong verbal, written, and listening communications skills (in English).
- Ability to work independently on assigned efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as experience developing solid professional relationships.
- Broad training experience working with staff with limited technical knowledge.
- Ability to travel (pending global COVID-10 pandemic development)
- Familiar with both commercial and open-source digital security tools.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple activities.
- Existing, trust-based relationships with a wide array of stakeholders working for civil society organizations, human rights organizations, and independent media or any relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information or Computing sciences.
- Familiarity with at least one industry recognized security framework like NIST, ISO27000, CIS and/or CSO community driven SAFETAG framework.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Russian and/or Arabic and/or French.
Your Daily Tasks
- Plan, manage and conduct organizational assessment, provide guidance, training, mentoring, and support on information security issues and topics to project beneficiaries.
- Draft Organizational Security and Risk Needs Assessment (OSRNA) report geared towards non-technical audience in mind.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor/Project Director and/or Deputy Project Director, develop organizational action plan steamed from OSRNA findings and in consultation with beneficiary organization leadership, to help improve beneficiary security posture per organizational assessment findings.
- Lead building efforts with assigned beneficiaries’ of security awareness program, ensuring that beneficiaries learn, internalize, use, and propagate appropriate information security practices.
- Draft and update documentation, including policies, procedures, baselines, guidelines, etc.
- Write technical and programmatic reports on the activities and the program implementation
- Participate in conferences, trainings, and other events as needed.
- With supervision, provide input to internal/external reports, presentations, and other products.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis if assigned.
- Draft correspondence with stakeholders. Guidance and/or approval before engaging stakeholders may be required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter with a summary of relevant experience.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is not ineligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Minorities, gender non-conforming people, and women encouraged to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world-where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. We focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. With an annual portfolio of $80 million and 400 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.