Key Account Managers (for Public Health) in East Africa (Nigeria and Kenya)
Job TypeFull Time
Experience8 – 10 years
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Key requirement for this role
- To facilitating exponential growth, the primary responsibility under this role is to design and implement effective strategies for account management, relationship building and lead generation from government agencies,
- bilateral/multilateral agencies and other public sector sources. Critical functions would include advocacy for positioning IQVIA as a preferred partner for Government, public sector agencies, bilateral/multilateral agencies, and INGOs including Africa CDC, Africa Union, KEMRI, UNICEF, WHO, Palladium, UNAIDS, MMV, UNPFA,
- COHRED, DNDI, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, etc.
- Develops and maintains long term relationships for IQVIA with relevant stakeholders in the account, engaging with new audiences when necessary and is included in strategic or critical business discussions at head quarter and country mission levels.
- Identify key accounts and develop relationship with key stakeholders at Ministry of Health, allied departments, state/ regional level government health departments, donors in the country, country level implementation partners and NGOs.
- Proactive target client outreach to identify opportunities for IQVIA early in design phase and work with stakeholders (government and donors) to shape these opportunities, by all fair means
- Identify and develop leads for business opportunities for potential funding from development partner to maintain and increase organizational growth
- Deliver activities for business development including writing high quality concept notes, and project proposal, in close collaboration with Public Health Practice across other geographies
- Gathers strategic intelligence regarding key donors, with a focus on understanding their priorities, funding cycles, and upcoming calls for proposals. Also, collate and share insights into competitive positioning, demand trends, and client feedback
- Conceptualize, manage and foster strategic partnerships to increase the share-of-voice to create high visibility and unique positioning of IQVIA as trusted healthcare advisor
- Works closely with Public Health Practice leadership to provide guidance on translating early discussions with potential partners into concept notes and project proposals. Also, develop internal and external communication material on the respective accounts such as project updates, value delivered, account MIS etc
- Drive participation in the client feedback process
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required
- Master’s degree in Public Health, international development, Information Technology, economics and/or finance, or a related subject;
- 08-10 years of working experience working for a governmental, intergovernmental and/or non-governmental
- organization in health sector including experience in fundraising and donor relations;
- Having an understanding of technology implementation in public health sector like EMR, EHR, HMIS, etc would be preferred
- Significant experience managing engagements with senior level political and bureaucratic officials in countries, clients and domain areas of interest
- Relevant knowledge of funding procedures and priorities of Ministry of Health, Government departments, international organizations and major donors;
- Should have a flair for business development through proposal / grant writing and proactive outreach to the potential funders. Should be comfortable in making an elevator pitch to external stakeholders.
- Given the nature of the job maintaining personal flexibility to meet deadlines is key. Willingness to travel as required and manage many multiple tasks and client requirements simultaneously is required.
- Experience of working with Ministry of Health and donor funded projects is a must
- Experience with Africa CDC, Africa Union, UN agencies, The Global Fund, KEMRI, etc would be an asset
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc.,is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technology and clinical research. It is a provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services, focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services, including consulting services. It has a network of more than 58,000 employees in more than 100 countries.As of 2017, IQVIA was reported to be one of the world's largest contract research organizations