Product Executive UI/UX Designer
Serve as enterprise software product executive combining market analysis, technology and end-user experience knowledge to establish a distinctive product vision, product roadmap and deliver world class financial digital products
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
- Drive continuous improvement to existing products and discovery and rollout of new initiatives via data-driven processes
- Maintain deep knowledge of user requirements, competitive landscape and market needs
- Conceptualize prioritize and write succinct product requirements to cross-functional working team
- Own the lifecycle of products from inception to production release – oversee all stages of development and make sure that blocking issues are escalated and resolved.
- Research various sectors to better understand the competitive landscape of those industries, as well as both the threats and opportunities available to your portfolio companies
- Set key metrics, track and monitoring your features’ performance and functionality after launch to iterate and improve on them.
- Provide support to team members in the development, testing and deployment processes (e.g. impediment removal, requirement clarification, etc.)
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features and facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Establish and maintain an integrated company product roadmap through collaboration with company leadership, key stakeholders, performance against targets, and through deep customer research Prioritize resources and considering trade-offs
- Communicate progress against roadmap across the cross-functional team as well as throughout the organisation
- Track product effectiveness and continually work towards a tangible and sustained value proposition
- Develop a customer journey map and core value proposition and messaging through data and qualitative research (i.e. acquisition analysis, customer interviews, Surveys etc.)
- Own experiments & experiences end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Evangelize and train internal teams on product capabilities
- Refine product vision based on feedback from end users, support teams as well as throughout the organisation
- Work with Marketing for product positioning, go-to-market strategy, messaging and product launch.
- Continuously benchmark product with that of competition and ensure own product is better and adds more value
- Coordinates ideas, concepts and product feature research and makes the case for enhancements where necessary
Any other assigned tasks/duties
- Product training
- Quality assurance
- User experience designs and testing
- Attend seminars, trade shows, events & other marketing initiatives to demonstrate technical specification of products
- Employee engagements
New Business Development
Recommend new business opportunities, and develop business case in support of such opportunities.
- Participate in UAT sessions of developed solutions before deployment/customer sign off
- Develop relevant product training manual/presentation slides
- Liaise effectively with development team and Project Management Office with respect to projects/integration handled
- Perform solution testing and give feedback to clients and development team where necessary
- Oversee the development of relevant company or client proposals for the products in portfolio
User experience design
- Facilitate frictionless onboarding for our users on all products
- Enable users automate their financial and administrative challenges by coming up with simple, usable and creative solutions
- Look for opportunities and coming up with product idea
- Build and maintain a design system & library to keep consistency with design and front-end throughout the product teams
- Designing and running workshops with cross-functional team to untangle thinking around a complex business and system problem
- A good degree in Business, IT, Computer Science or Social Sciences
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience in a similar function.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. The company started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing company that builds and manages payment infrastructure as well as deliver innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. Interswitch has demonstrated consistent, strong and profitable growth since the business was founded. This strong growth has enabled Interswitch to expand into more sectors and more country markets than any other payments company in Africa