Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Specialist – Africa
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Research / Data Analysis
The Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Specialist manages and continually improves the Internews monitoring and evaluation systems that measure the overall impact of Internews projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. In close collaboration with the regional office and country offices, the Specialist monitors the progress of project monitoring & evaluation and coordinates with all Internews partners to measure results accordingly, including gender equity and inclusiveness. The Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Specialist works with the Program Directors to track, synthesize, and organize data into reports, and improves the quality of all mandatory quarterly and annual reports. The Specialist also works with Internews partners to build and improve their monitoring and evaluation capacities, as well as ensuring that gender and inclusion standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure that the monitoring and evaluation plans (MEPs) for Internews projects in Sub-Saharan Africa are well designed, adequately implemented and reported, and that the results are distributed appropriately.
- Work with Senior Program Officers and Project Directors to improve the quality of mandatory reports (e.g. quarterly and annual reports) – this includes reviewing, editing, sometimes rewriting activity reports to highlight outputs, results and impacts.
- Participate in the roll out of Internews standard M&E methodologies and in the design, adaption and uptake of new, innovative MERL approaches.
- Contribute to shaping and delivering a wider global strategy to innovate and expand MERL efforts at Internews, and communicate Internews’ impact to internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with program teams at the country and regional level to develop logical frameworks that keep with the principles of human-centered design.
- Manage procurement of research companies that will design and implement target research to develop MEP indicators, including developing scopes of work for midterm and final evaluations, social network analyses, political economy analyses, and gender equality and social inclusion strategy assessments.
- Oversee consistent application of Africa projects’ MEPs, ensuring that all sub-awards include well-designed monitoring and evaluation plans which utilize realistic and relevant indicators and targets (including gender and inclusiveness).
- Assist in managing Internews program components with a special focus on monitoring and evaluation, gender, and inclusiveness.
- Manage the routine and systematic collection of data from all sub-grantees in accordance with their grant agreements.
- Ensure that data is synthesized and updated for inclusion in reports to donors and online platforms.
- Other duties as assigned by Internews management including communication and grant management tasks.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent English language skills required. French language skills a plus.
- Relevant university degree in social science field, preferably wit ha focus on monitoring and evaluation and research studies.
- Proven prior experience in monitoring and evaluation of large internationally funded democracy and governance programs, preferably media development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate M&E requirements and outcomes to project colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators. Good working knowledge of statistics and ability to obtain, analyze and interpret data and present findings in written and oral form.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection/survey design, implementation and analysis.
- Familiarity with common assessment frameworks such as social network analysis, organizational capacity assessments, and principles of survey design and analysis; familiarity with digital safety/security assessments is an asset.
- Competent in qualitative methodologies and participatory assessments.
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point and experience using statistical programs such as SPSS.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID and other donor approaches to media development and familiarity with effort to apply a media lens to development work;
- Experience in African environments and flexibility to apply lessons learned from other contexts;
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews
- Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”buttton above to apply for this job.
About Internews Network
Internews is an international is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.