Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProject Management
The IRC is seeking a REBUILD Livelihoods Assistant, based in Nairobi, for a Euro 30 Million five year, urban Livelihoods program; Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (RE:BUILD). The program is funded by the IKEA Foundation and will be implemented in Kampala and Nairobi. IRC is the Lead Partner and will coordinate a consortium of local and international partners to deliver the program. RE: BUILD seeks to support urban refugees and vulnerable host residents to achieve economic self-reliance and benefit from strengthened urban economic, regulatory and social environments. RE:BUILD will seek to enable change at varying levels, from better access to livelihoods opportunities and inclusive services within communities, to improved refugee-related policies and more targeted and effective service delivery from national, regional and global actors. Key features of RE: BUILD’s approach include flexible funding, adaptive design and knowledge and evidence generation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct interviews and assessments for vulnerable clients to be registered for various interventions.
- Assist in conducting information sessions to clients before they join different services.
- Supervising students and Apprentices in both Vocational training and Apprenticeship host organizations.
- Work together with Livelihood Officer to ensure that clients access relevant skills trainings
- Assist in Facilitating the formation and monitoring of VSLA groups.
- Support in assembling success stories and detail them.
- Reviewing business plans, selecting business grant recipients and supporting disbursement of grant funds.
- Help in developing, monitoring and data collection processes and carrying out regular monitoring visits to beneficiaries and partners to supervise program progress.
- Support in developing, running and keeping track of activity work plans and training implementation schedules to ensure timely delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
- Work closely with the Client Responsiveness Senior Officer to collect feedback from client service delivery and client and community perception to help improve design and implementation.
- Fully align with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to allow and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Ensure confidentiality and ethical data collection throughout the monitoring and reporting phase.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Humanities/Social Sciences, International Development, Political Science, Management or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in livelihoods and enterprise development approaches.
Required Experience & Proficiencies:
- Experience of working with forced migrants is desirable.
- Experience in youth outreach and private sector partnerships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to quickly assess priorities and efficiently handle a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Validated practical experience in partner engagement and management.
- Ability to work and adapt in high passed environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database, CAD and statistical packages, etc.)
Fluency in English and Swahili.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.