Requisition ID: req12615
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Intern
Open to Expatriates: No
The IRC is seeking (2) Livelihoods Interns based in Rongai – Kajiado, for 4 months in its Urban Livelihoods program; Scaling Refugee Employment Across Contexts. Designed to meet the particular needs of these populations, the IRC’s livelihoods work supports those most in need to generate income and assets through employment and self-employment pathways.
Under the supervision of the Livelihoods Manager working closely with the Livelihoods Officer and Business Training Officers, the Livelihoods Interns will support program implementation by training monitoring and mentorship of supported Urban Saving and Loans Associations (USLAs), Apprenticeship.
Vocational skills training and Business clients. Other duties include providing facilitation during Learn to earn Business training sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Humanities/Social Sciences, International Development, Political
- Science, Management or other relevant field.
(Graduated not more than 2 years ago)
Required Experience & Proficiencies:
- Interest of working with forced migrants is desirable.
- Interest and knowledge in youth outreach and private sector partnerships.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to quickly assess priorities and efficiently handle a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Ability to work and adapt in high paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database, and statistical packages,etc.)
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.