Budget and Procurement Associate
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
The IRC has defined a new strategic mission & vision, along with initiatives and key processes to meet strategic objectives. The IT department provides reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices around the world, including technologically challenging locations. IRC’s ITHQ department includes 70 professionals primarily in the US & Nairobi and over 150 IT professionals in 40 counties supporting 13, 000 staff globally.
The IRC IT Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial and procurement management by providing accurate and timely financial and procurement information to IRC’s key stakeholders and by adhering to established procurement and financial practices and principles. The IT Department is responsible for planning, developing, monitoring, an IT budget of over $25 million to sustain IT operations and projects worldwide.
Supervised by the Manager for IT Procurement & Vendor manager the Budget and Procurement Associate will be will work closely with key IT stakeholders, Global Supply Chain, Finance and other key business stakeholders in establishing and maintaining excellent management of budgeting, procurement, and vendor management delivery outcomes that supports the IRC mission.
- Budget and FinanceGenerate scheduled and ad hoc budget reports for IT Leadership.
- Analyze and support IT management on decision making related to annual budgets and ongoing funding decisions.
- Generate and analyze the monthly and quarterly actual reports for IT Department and Senior Leadership Board in a timely manner and work with project owners to identify issues and opportunities for cost savings
- Support semi- annual and annual IT budget development cycles.
- Leverage IRC’s financial systems to improve reporting and analysis capabilities for the IT department.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Procurement and Vendor ManagementSupport the execution of IT procure-to-pay processes such as perform quote, purchase requests, purchase order, and invoice management, review, and reconciliation using Integra Financial (D365) system.
- Provide feedback and assistance to ensure business continuity and improvement of the IT procurement processes
- Reconcile and manage IT’s payment requests, receipt of goods against vendor invoices
- Update IT contracts and Statements of Work in the ServiceNow database on a scheduled basis
- Manage and control the access to contracts and Statement of Work (SOW) documents as appropriate
- Perform other IT procurement and vendor management-related duties as assigned
- Minimum two-year college, preferably in Business Administration, Supply chain, or Finance.
- 2 plus years progressive budgeting, procurement, and vendor management experience at a large multinational corporation or NGO.
- Proven knowledge in complex financial and procurement analysis and expertise working on budgets and procurement.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to apply creative problem-solving skills
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently and ability to meet unexpected demands
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office, with advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, and other cloud-based planning tools such as Microsoft PowerBI, ERP systems and BOX (document management) is desirable.
MOD EOF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.