Mechanization Support Specialist
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Engineering / Technical
The Mechanization Support Specialist will also be accountable for proposing and managing a mechanization network within the region. They will need to understand the demand and capacity across centers and manage the communication between centers to guarantee that all centers will have access to mechanization, offered as a service, reducing so the overall capital cost across the system of breeding programs.
The position will be based in eastern or southern Africa. The exact location – tentatively Kenya – is yet to be defined depending on operational needs and established partnerships with CGIAR sister research centers. It will involve significant international travel within the region.
- Develop machinery inventories;
- Develop machinery acquisition plans;
- Develop business cases for mechanization and process automation;
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures;
- Develop a list of local/ regional /global vendors for critical equipment and services (shared across EiB members);
- Develop metrics and KPIs for monitoring adoption of mechanized and automated solutions and for maintenance of machinery.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply fort this job.
About International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYTÂ®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org