Research Compliance Officer
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Compliance Officer to support ILRI in meeting research regulatory compliance within the institute and in countries where it implements research. The main purpose of the job is to ensure ILRI research projects comply with regulatory requirements. The job requires knowledge of the research regulatory environment and international frameworks especially as relates to research authorisation, access and movement of genetic resources
- Review project documentation and determine research licenses and or permits required in line with ILRI guidelines, country specific laws and regulations, and international frameworks and standards.
- Coordinate preparation and submission of documentation for application of research licenses and or permits.
- Manage relevant data systems and databases for all licenses and/ or permits for all research projects and or activities.
- Guide and liaise with stakeholders on research compliance matters to ensure compliance with approval conditions
- Coordinate delivery of research materials for analysis to relevant lead agencies as may be required for issuance of research licenses and or permits
- Coordinate external audits of research facilities for successful issuance of movement permits.
- Conduct internal audits of research facilities to ensure compliance with the requirements for issuance of licenses and or permits.
- Manage relationships with different stakeholders involved in research authorisation and issuance of permits and or licenses for movement of research materials.
- Prepare research compliance reports.
- Provide administrative support on research compliance matters.
- Master’s degree in a Science discipline
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in research compliance
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory framework in access and movement of genetic resources both within and across countries in line with Convention on Biological Diversity, Nagoya Protocol, Cartagena protocol and Bonn Guidelines.
- In-depth Knowledge of research regulatory framework at both Institutional and country level.
- Good communication and networking skills
- Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre - part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.