Job Type Full Time
Job Field Project Management
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in coordinating partner organizations and county government agronomists on crop husbandry including post-harvest handling of biofortified crops (High Iron Beans)
- Facilitate use, and support scaling up of innovative, varied and affordable market and dissemination options (e.g. viable seed packs, mobile seed shops, voucher system etc.), to reach smallholder farmers, particularly women
- As a field contact person, build and sustain strong partnerships of various value chain actors and institutional linkages to deliver on project‘s expected results and targets
- Support in organizing and implementing training of farmers and farmer groups and other stakeholders in biofortified crop production, aggregation and marketing
- Assist in coordinating data collection at various stages of the value chain (seed production, seed sale, planting, harvesting and marketing) to support evidence-based learning and documentation of case studies
- Maintain up- to- date data system of monitoring data that capture a value chain approach to biofortified crops commercialization
- Support Project Coordinator in organizing various partner and field engagement and meetings
- Represent the project in relevant activities and forums
- Participate in preparation of periodic reports
The candidate shall have the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of Agriculture
- Demonstrated experience in similar roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with advanced written and verbal communication skills in English, Swahili and local languages
- Strong project management skills, including effective communication and decision-making abilities
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team as is the case for a value chain approach
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
Terms of employment:
This is a nationally recruited position based at the Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will be for a one-year period, subject to a probation period of three (3) months, renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Applications should include reference number HV-2706-Project Associate as the position applied for. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s lastname, firstname for ease of sorting.
About International Center for Tropical Agriculture
CIAT (International Center for Tropical Agriculture) works in collaboration with hundreds of partners to help developing countries make farming more competitive, profitable, and resilient through smarter, more sustainable natural resource management. We help policymakers, scientists, and farmers respond to some of the most pressing challenges of our time, including food insecurity and malnutrition, climate change, and environmental degradation.
Our global research contributes to several of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, and cuts across four key themes: big data, climate-smart agriculture, ecosystem action, and sustainable food systems.