Senior Consultant (Nairobi)
- You will gain expertise in developing components of RBF instruments while playing a leading role in our projects, building a thorough understanding of different design choices, independently assessing tradeoffs, and making recommendations for our technical designs.
- You will guide stakeholders and clients through difficult yet important adaptations of their practices, translating complex concepts into easy-to-understand insights. You will build rapport with clients by understanding their needs and adding value to their mission. Within the team, you will work directly with our project managers and leads to deliver high-quality services and will eventually have the opportunity to lead teams.The tasks may include:
- Leading and overseeing the development of technical components of RBF instruments from scratch, with a command of all dimensions of RBF, including economic concepts.
- Leading the creation of proposals and client deliverables, articulating technical concepts in an eloquent and
- Managing project budgets and contracts with clients and subcontractors, anticipating issues, and proactively addressing them.
- Planning, delegating and overseeing tasks to effectively and efficiently achieve the best results within the team.
- Proposing,structuring, and overseeing data analyses to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
- Preparing and delivering clear and effective presentations to stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Actively improving our RBF services and our delivery systems.
- Experience:At least 6 years of experience, including 4 years of relevant work experience in international development, consulting and/or in the public sector.
- Education: Master degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business, or related fields.
- Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English – C2.
- Proven track record in team, project, and stakeholders management
- Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and build trust.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and structured thinking skills.
- Ability to develop complex analytical frameworks and have exceptional working proficiency of the most common analytical principles to give structure to the analysis.
- Experience: Demonstrated experience in RBF and/or Performance Management.
- Working with governments and government agencies.
- Work experience in consultancy.
- Knowledge: Results-Based financing mechanisms and/or experience related to the field
- Language skills: Professional working proficiency in French – C1.
Professional Development and Benefits
- Senior Consultants at Instiglio have a chance to develop a variety of skills, take on client-facing roles on projects, with the guidance of more experienced senior staff. Senior Associates, who demonstrate readiness to assume a greater level of responsibility, can expect to progress to the manager level within a few years. Instiglio has a strong feedback culture, with all staff receiving quarterly formal, structured reviews, in addition to real-time feedback. Additionally, a mentorship system and development plans are in place to ensure that staff receive proper support in their professional development. Instiglio offers generous benefits, which include personal days, remote work days, travel and health insurance, a company holiday additional to vacation, and parental leave, among others.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
We are a group of passionate individuals working together under one shared goal: to ensure that every cent spent to alleviate poverty has the greatest possible impact on the lives of the 2.4 billion men, women, and children afflicted by it. Our mission is to empower leaders in the social, public, and private sectors to improve the impact of social programs in developing countries by tying funding to results. You can read more about what each of us contributes to our mission here.